Author Topic: The week in whoppers: NYT sheds its fears of the National Guard, AOC is now not OK with protesting a  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The week in whoppers: NYT sheds its fears of the National Guard, AOC is now not OK with protesting and more
Opinion by Post Editorial Board • 12h • 2 min read

Diary of disturbing disinformation and dangerous delusions These tweets:
Sending in the troops to help restore law and order… https://t.co/E3ULnQQ8or

— Tom Cotton (@TomCottonAR) March 6, 2024
We say: Sen. Cotton is flagging the lack of panic at The New York Times over Gov. Hochul sending the National Guard to “restore law and order” on the subway.

Good for him: Back in 2020, when the Times ran Cotton’s column calling for military troops to quell the George Floyd riots, the paper’s staff revolted.

“Running this put Black @nytimes staff in danger,” they claimed. The Gray Lady then apologized for running the piece and forced out key editors.

Hmm: Staff don’t seem to be cowering in fear over Hochul’s plan — or the Gray Lady’s coverage of it . . . . Aren’t “Black @nytimes staff in danger” again?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-week-in-whoppers-nyt-sheds-its-fears-of-the-national-guard-aoc-is-now-not-ok-with-protesting-and-more/ar-BB1jw48h?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5e627c9064074032a1a5c2331b866175&ei=9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Delays, violent crime: Report card on NYC subway reveals a system in crisis
Story by Nicole Gelinas • 2h •

If you slogged around during the first month of 2024 on the subways, you probably felt like there was a major delay every way you turned, and when you did get on the train, you were one wrong flicker of eye contact away from being a crime victim.

With subway ridership hovering around 71% of pre-COVID normal, bus ridership at 60% of normal, and commuter rail at about three-quarters, we don’t want to lose any more riders to bad service or fear.

But keeping straphangers riding the MTA will take work, just as the system has never felt more imperiled. So imperiled, in fact, that New York Gov. Kathy Huchul announced this past week that she’s calling in the National Guard to keep passengers safe.

So just how is the MTA — and the state and city governments responsible for running it and keeping it safe – doing?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/delays-violent-crime-report-card-on-nyc-subway-reveals-a-system-in-crisis/ar-BB1jBqrU
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 02:57:05 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson