Author Topic: Failure to Protect: U.S. Immigration and Criminal Justice Systems Repeatedly Released a Dangerous Il  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Failure to Protect: U.S. Immigration and Criminal Justice Systems Repeatedly Released a Dangerous Illegal, Even After Being Convicted of Child Sex Offense
 Amy MekMarch 7, 20241 comment5 min read

From a judge’s decision not to deport but instead release an illegal, allowing him to roam free in America, to an ultimate conviction of child sexual abuse that inexplicably still ended in his release, his trajectory through the legal system illustrates a relentless failure to safeguard the vulnerable from a known predator

RICHMOND, Va. — A troubling incident involving a Guatemalan illegal convicted of aggravated sexual battery against a minor in Virginia has exposed critical lapses in the U.S. immigration and criminal justice systems, revealing a pattern of decisions that have repeatedly put American citizens at risk.

From the moment the 43-year-old convicted pedophile unlawfully entered the United States, his interactions with law enforcement and the immigration system have been marked by a series of questionable decisions and procedural delays that have allowed him to evade proper accountability at every turn.

Initial Arrest and Inexplicable Release
The saga began in July 2017 when the Guatemalan was arrested near San Luis, Arizona, by the U.S. Border Patrol for unlawfully entering the United States. Despite this clear violation of U.S. law, he was released the same day after being issued a notice to appear before an immigration judge. This decision is alarming, as it assumes that an individual who has already shown a disregard for legal processes by unlawfully entering the country would honor court orders.

https://rairfoundation.com/failure-protect-u-s-immigration-criminal-justice-systems/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson