Author Topic: Army National Guard Temporarily Suspends Reenlistment Bonuses Due to Lack of Funding  (Read 248 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army National Guard Temporarily Suspends Reenlistment Bonuses Due to Lack of Funding

Military.com | By Steve Beynon
Updated March 06, 2024 at 12:54pm ET | Published March 05, 2024 at 12:33pm ET

Army Guardsmen looking to reenlist soon might want to consider holding out for a few more drill weekends, as the service component's reenlistment incentives have been put on hold, according to an internal memo to the force reviewed by Military.com.

"Effective immediately, the issuance of reenlistment bonuses is suspended," the March 1 memo said. The suspension is for bonuses that would have a payout between now and the end of 2025, effectively including anyone who would reenlist now, though existing contracts are not impacted, according to the document.

The sudden suspension is due to a miscalculation by Army National Guard planners who forecast the amount of funds needed and the anticipated volume of troops planning to continue their service, a spokesperson said. Guard officials are aiming to have bonuses back on track in April, meaning service members who reenlist now won't be entitled to incentives, but could be in a few weeks if they wait.

"This requires a pause to assess fiscal resources that will determine when we can resume offering new bonuses with the issuance of new reenlistment contracts," Paul Swiergosz, a National Guard Bureau spokesperson, told Military.com in a statement.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/05/want-reenlist-guard-consider-not-doing-it-now-bonuses-are-hold.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
News such as this is a good way to get recruits knocking at the door. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,the gooberment has more important priorities.

After all,they have at least a million illegal aliens to house,feed,provide free medical care for,register to vote,provide free schools and free school lunches  for,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

And this news comes at a time when New York and New York City want to activate their national guards to help fight crime
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy