Author Topic: Overmatch networking now installed on 3 carrier strike groups  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Overmatch networking now installed on 3 carrier strike groups
By Colin Demarest
 Mar 6, 01:16 PM

Editor’s note: This article was updated March 6, 2024, to include an additional statement from the U.S. Navy.

Sophisticated networking and communications capabilities derived from the U.S. Navy’s hush-hush Project Overmatch are deployed on at least three carrier strike groups, according to the commander of the Third Fleet.

Project Overmatch represents the sea service’s contribution to the Department of Defense’s multibillion-dollar connectivity campaign known as Combined Joint All-Domain Command and Control. Military leaders have shared few details about its progress since inception in 2020, citing competition with Russia and China.

https://www.defensenews.com/battlefield-tech/c2-comms/2024/03/06/overmatch-networking-installed-on-3-carrier-strike-groups-says-boyle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson