Author Topic: Live Thread..State Of The Union  (Read 8853 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Live Thread..State Of The Union
« Reply #350 on: March 08, 2024, 02:50:14 pm »
Nikita Khrushchev wants his shoe back.
@bigheadfred

That's a terrific reference, and I'm old enough to remember it.
And thank you, kindly for the birthday wishes.  :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #351 on: March 08, 2024, 02:58:41 pm »

888high58888 :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2024, 03:00:37 pm »
@mystery-ak

I disagree.

I think  she is knocking it out of the ballpark with her quiet,reasoned responses. It is the exact response needed to show how desperate Biden sounded.

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2024, 03:13:05 pm »

888high58888
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2024, 04:37:41 pm »

Well played, sir.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2024, 04:38:47 pm »

000hehehehe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2024, 04:41:31 pm »
I have a question for those of you who watched this hot mess more closely than I.  Did he ever say these words that all other recent Presidents have said?  To wit:

"The State of the Union is strong!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2024, 04:42:49 pm »
I have a question for those of you who watched this hot mess more closely than I.  Did he ever say these words that all other recent Presidents have said?  To wit:

I caught some of it but if he did, it got lost in his blaming and bullshit
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online rustynail

« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2024, 04:42:51 pm »
"Buttigieg hits back"...with a purse?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2024, 04:55:36 pm »
"Buttigieg hits back"...with a purse?
You wish, Buttjigger was probably wielding something that starts with dil.. I'm shocked that anyone was able to find the AWOL Bitch.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2024, 04:58:18 pm »

He did.  At one point he screamed, "The state of the Union is strong, and getting stronger!!!  !!!!!   !!!!!"
 **nononono*
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2024, 04:58:26 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #362 on: March 08, 2024, 05:06:10 pm »
He did.  At one point he screamed, "The state of the Union is strong, and getting stronger!!!  !!!!!   !!!!!"
 **nononono*

Thanks!   :patriot: :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2024, 05:35:02 pm »
 **nononono*
Yeah, we can smell that even out here in North Dakota--against the wind. Strong, indeed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #364 on: March 08, 2024, 05:44:19 pm »
This is the Democrat Party..antifa,US Palestinians...Biden fits right in

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #365 on: March 08, 2024, 05:47:11 pm »
Fact Check: Joe Biden Claims Inflation Trending Down

CLAIM: President Joe Biden said during his State of the Union address that the record inflation that has crippled the nation during his tenure has been trending down. VERDICT: Misleading.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/08/fact-check-joe-biden-claims-inflation-trending-down/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #366 on: March 08, 2024, 05:48:09 pm »
Fact Check: President Joe Biden Claims He Will Stop ‘Anyone’ Who Tries to Cut Medicare

Claim: President Joe Biden claimed during Thursday’s State of the Union address that he would stop “anyone” who tries to cut Medicare.

Verdict: False. Biden is actively moving to cut Medicare Advantage, an increasingly popular Medicare option for American seniors.

Biden trotted out the tired rhetorical line that Republicans seek to slash Medicare and Social Security, two popular entitlement programs:

Imagine a future with home care and elder care so seniors and people living with disabilities can stay in their homes and family caregivers get paid what they deserve!

Tonight, let’s all agree once again to stand up for seniors!

Many of my Republican friends want to put Social Security on the chopping block.

If anyone here tries to cut Social Security or Medicare or raise the retirement age I will stop them!

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/08/fact-check-president-joe-biden-claims-he-will-stop-anyone-who-tries-cut-medicare/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2024, 05:48:53 pm »
Joe Biden at State of the Union: ‘I Sometimes Wish I Was Cognitively Impaired’

President Joe Biden jokingly told Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) at the State of the Union Thursday night that he sometimes wishes he “was cognitively impaired” as commander in chief.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/08/joe-biden-sotu-sometimes-wish-cognitively-impaired/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2024, 05:57:28 pm »
 Britt roasted on social media for actorly SOTU response
by Filip Timotija - 03/08/24 11:17 AM ET

Sen. Katie Britt (R-Ala.) was widely criticized on social media for delivering what was called a melodramatic and unnatural State of the Union rebuttal Thursday night.

The first-term senator went after President Biden following his own address over his handling of the economy, the southern border, his age and a slew of other issues, but Britt herself got roasted for the 17-minute speech she delivered from her Montgomery, Ala., home.

Some observers panned the setting — having a senator deliver a major speech from a kitchen — while many others compared her a drama club student or an actor giving a bad audition.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4518921-britt-actorly-sotu-response/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online rustynail

« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2024, 07:10:44 pm »
They look like a joke a caricature.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2024, 07:14:06 pm »
The representatives of Islamic terrorism heard from. Eat rocks and die, "ladies."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline berdie

« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2024, 09:44:05 pm »
I truly appreciate these threads. I can't honestly say that I have watched a SOTU since 9/11. I did enjoy Reagan's. I actually was going to watch last night. But then he was late as usual, for whatever reason. That's pretty disrespectful. I think it's an Obama thing. And then the parade to the podium was just too much for me. Between watching these people who are supposed to be in charge of our country taking selfies, kissing, hugging...it was just too much for me.

Besides, I'm watching a Gunsmoke-A-Thon and keeping count of how many times Matt was shot, stabbed or kidnapped, lol.

I will say that I'm glad that it appears that he didn't have a major malfunction. Not for his sake. But maybe he didn't look like a total nursing home patient to the rest of the world.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #374 on: March 08, 2024, 09:56:52 pm »
Britt roasted on social media for actorly SOTU response
by Filip Timotija - 03/08/24 11:17 AM ET

Sen. Katie Britt (R-Ala.) was widely criticized on social media for delivering what was called a melodramatic and unnatural State of the Union rebuttal Thursday night.

The first-term senator went after President Biden following his own address over his handling of the economy, the southern border, his age and a slew of other issues, but Britt herself got roasted for the 17-minute speech she delivered from her Montgomery, Ala., home.

Some observers panned the setting — having a senator deliver a major speech from a kitchen — while many others compared her a drama club student or an actor giving a bad audition.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4518921-britt-actorly-sotu-response/

It's so apparent that, since the advent of the internet, there will always be people who are triggered by this and that. What I remember, and what I compare her response to, is Marco Rubio's response, and Bobby Jindal's response, and other responses that seem to be forgettable. Those were a tad dry, IMHO. I liked Britt's response, and especially that she gave it at the kitchen table where all the issues are said to be discussed in the home -- according to the pundits. Let those who are triggered gripe all they want.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.