Author Topic: Arizona Federal Judge Rules Voters Must Prove Their U.S. Citizenship Status In Order to Vote In Elec  (Read 320 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona Federal Judge Rules Voters Must Prove Their U.S. Citizenship Status In Order to Vote In Elections

Sarah Arnold
March 01, 2024 7:30 PM

An Arizona federal judge is upholding a state law that requires voters to provide verification of their U.S. citizenship before their votes can be counted.

Following a lawsuit that led to Arizona legislators facing accusations of discrimination for requiring voters to verify their U.S. citizenship, Judge Susan Bolton ruled on Thursday that such requirements were not discriminatory.

In March 2022, a group of plaintiffs led by the Hispanic voting rights organization “Mi Familia Vota” filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, claiming that the state’s law was unconstitutional.

The Biden Administration filed a separate complaint that was consolidated in the case.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2024/03/01/federal-judge-upholds-arizona-law-to-verify-voters-citizenship-status-n2635971#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This will be overturned somewhere as discrimination against illegal aliens. 88kleenix
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline LMAO

This will be overturned somewhere as discrimination against illegal aliens. 88kleenix

You can bet on that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy