Author Topic: If Trump is reelected, Americans are planning to flee in droves (here we go again *yawn*)  (Read 658 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Business Insider
Paul Starobin
9h ago

Late last year, my wife and I closed on a deal for an apartment in a hilltop town in Umbria. Soon after, I posted a question for my fellow participants in a Facebook group called Expats in Italy: "Is it just my imagination, but is there an uptick in Americans, in particular, looking to purchase property in Italy?" As the responses poured in, many of them sounded a distinct thematic note.

From a woman in Montana who was planning to move to Tuscany: "Yes, it's true! I bought a hilltop village home … for a song compared to US prices. Don't want to be in US anymore. It's expensive and sick of all the political crap and shootings."

From a woman in Texas: "An insurrection by a narcissist who couldn't accept election loss combined with his gun and abortion policies made moving more of a necessity than just a dream."

From a man in Tennessee: "I'm an American ready to flee America for Italy. I doubt I'm alone."

Not alone, indeed. Granted, my unscientific survey was limited to a self-selected group of people with a declared fancy for one particular foreign country renowned for its artistic and cultural treasures, scrumptious cuisine, and exquisite landscapes. Still, it was striking that the specter of Donald Trump — a looming shadow I hadn't even mentioned in my question — was on so many minds.

Every four years, as Americans gird themselves to choose a president, there's talk, mainly among Democrats, of leaving the country. I'm off for Canada if unacceptable candidate X wins! And every four years, the promised exodus fails to materialize. It's mostly just therapeutic venting.

This time is different.
The alarm over Trump's potential triumph in November is far starker than the fears stoked by past presidents. "A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable," a recent Washington Post headline warned. The Atlantic devoted an entire issue to the authoritarian horrors in store for America "If Trump Wins."

(more)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/if-trump-is-reelected-americans-are-planning-to-flee-in-droves/ar-BB1jpYYR?cvid=ee1ee8d41c38480addf5fa910f9a64b3&ei=29
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As long as it's democrats, Central Americans, South Americans and those moslems that have flooded across the border, it just might make a Trump second term a bit palatable.

Offline LMAO

What makes these people believe Italy will be better?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Having a place to flee is a liberal privilege. Conservatives have nowhere except the grave, especially if Christian.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Especially with the conservative turn it has recently taken.

Offline bilo

This time is different.
The alarm over Trump's potential triumph in November is far starker than the fears stoked by past presidents. "A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable," a recent Washington Post headline warned. The Atlantic devoted an entire issue to the authoritarian horrors in store for America "If Trump Wins."

People are so easily manipulated.

What policies that Trump wants to implement are so radical? If anything he could be accused of being too moderate. I know his rhetoric can be over the top, but his policies are not that extreme. Immigration, he wants controlled immigration and those that are here illegally to leave. Abortion, he wants a federal ban after 15 weeks. Judges, he wants to rule on the law, not make it up. He wants the administrative state brought under control. He wants a strong defense, but reduced presence around the world. He wants trade restricted to protect American jobs.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LMAO

What policies that Trump wants to implement are so radical?.

More spending when debt to GDP ratio is already over 120%

More tariffs which triggered a trade war and threatened the economy the first time he did it. Implementing protectionist trade policies will and has ended badly

Stated he would pressure the Federal Reserve to lower interest rates in an inflationary economy which would punish savers. This guy once advocated for zero percent interest rates as president

Trump would not only kill us economically like he did his first round but fiscally as well

Trump has not explained were he’s going to get the money for his grandiose spending plans
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:48:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

I cannot think of any country better than this one...with all it's flaws.

So if you think you've found some glorious nirvana, I think it's a great idea that you go. Let me know how it turned out when you come back "home".

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That was my first thought too. I don't think they understand how the European tax system works.

Also, Southern Italy has been overrun and overwhelmed with a deluge of illegals from North Africa. In some cases, illegals have taken over entire Italian villages just by sheer numbers. They outnumber local Italians by more than 2 to 1 in some areas.

If I were going to do this and expat myself, I would be looking at Scandinavia. I'm not sure Italy is the best choice. I wonder if this article was produced or sponsored by some Italian real estate firm?

But anyway ... the American Left always says this and they NEVER actually do it. Like a brat little child, if I do not get what I want then I am LEAVING!! I'm going to run away from home! I will! I'll do it! Yeah sure. Like we haven't heard that before.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hear South Africa is very inviting to white liberals. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

But anyway ... the American Left always says this and they NEVER actually do it. Like a brat little child, if I do not get what I want then I am LEAVING!! I'm going to run away from home! I will! I'll do it! Yeah sure. Like we haven't heard that before.

Exactly

Nobody is going to say” I was going to vote Trump until I heard Cher would leave the country if I did”

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I hear South Africa is very inviting to white liberals. /s

Just tell the natives there that white liberals taste like chicken

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
They all talk about it, but they never follow through. This time, please follow through. And take some celebrities with you.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

People are so easily manipulated.

YES they are. On BOTH sides.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I thank you for making America a better place by voluntarily taking your trashy asses out of America.

I am also STRONGLY in favor of passing a bill pulling your citizenships and not letting you back into the country,because as sure as the sun coming up in the East,the people who are natives of where you move to WILL be getting tired of tolerating your useless asses,and want to boot you out of their countries..

Ya just GOTTA love it when the trash takes itself out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

It's not America,so  it HAS to be better,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It won't be if they have any say in what happens there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.