Author Topic: California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades  (Read 1030 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades
by Julia Mueller - 03/06/24 10:52 AM ET

California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades after two men advanced on Super Tuesday to the general election for the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s (D) seat.

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff and Republican Steve Garvey emerged from the Golden State’s nonpartisan primary on Tuesday, in which the top two vote-getters move on, regardless of party affiliation.

Schiff had appeared to push for a race with the Republican to set himself up for an easier partisan contest in the blue stronghold state, and the Super Tuesday results boxed out two progressive Democratic lawmakers, Reps. Katie Porter and Barbara Lee.

Both candidates fell short of the top-two slots, meaning the Golden State next year won’t have a woman in the upper chamber — a first in decades.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4512743-california-female-senator-schiff-garvey/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Like it matters?
Clutching my pearls and looking for a fainting couch because it's "women's history month"... :smokin:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Like it matters?
Clutching my pearls and looking for a fainting couch because it's "women's history month"... :smokin:

Do you think Garvey stands a chance?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not to worry.  This is a state that can't define what a female/Women is.  So they can just elect a Tranny next time around and call it even Stephen or Stevie if you prefer..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

I would be surprised if Garvey gets >40% of the November vote.

Both Schifftyroo and Batgirl-Wannabe made Hitlerizing Trump-supporting Garvey and Early their strategy. Batgirl-Wannabe went after Early while Schifftyroo went after Garvey. I wonder if Batgirl-Wannabe hoped their one-two Hitlerization punches would net her second place, putting her and Schifftyroo on the November ballot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I do not unfortunately, but at least during the debates, he'll be able to get some talking points out.

All Schitt for brains has is "Trump, Trump, Trump, you voted for Trump", which may be all that it takes in this state.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online libertybele

I do not unfortunately, but at least during the debates, he'll be able to get some talking points out.

All Schitt for brains has is "Trump, Trump, Trump, you voted for Trump", which may be all that it takes in this state.

Schitt for brains is about it -- and if those in CA vote for him -- well, they have schitt for brains as well.

It is refreshing though that Feinstein is out. That era is finally coming to an end - - Pelosi and Biden will be next to leave eventually because of age if anything and McConnell stepped down though he will be seated in the Senate for a couple more years, unfortunately.  McCain is gone and  McConnell, Pelosi and Biden will also soon be gone which will be quite a ray of sunshine for this country (I'm just hoping I'll be around to see it.)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well California may not have a woman as senator, but if the mental defectives here in California vote for the little Schitt, er Schiff, they will still have a Bitch for senator.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Well California may not have a woman as senator, but if the mental defectives here in California vote for the little Schitt, er Schiff, they will still have a Bitch for senator.
:silly: :silly::yowsa:

Offline PeteS in CA

That, very literally, was all the Schifftyroo ads I saw on FB, GoogTube, and tube-ovision had - Trump, Trump, Trump, ... . Not so much as a syllable about what he would do for/to California and the US as Senator. Batgirl Wannabe did the same, so I'm guessing it was DC Dems' favored strategy.

WRT DiFei, before the failed slander-lynching of Kavanaugh I used to say that unlike Babs Bouncer, DiFei had half a brain ... and that she occasionally used it. I think Trump, Kavanaugh, and the slander of the latter showed that her cream cheese had fallen off her bagel.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 11:43:49 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.