Author Topic: AG Merrick Garland Calls Voter ID Laws 'Unnecessary'  (Read 177 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AG Merrick Garland Calls Voter ID Laws 'Unnecessary'
« on: March 06, 2024, 03:24:56 pm »
AG Merrick Garland Calls Voter ID Laws 'Unnecessary'

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, MAR 05, 2024 - 04:20 PM
Authored by Jack Phillips via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

While speaking at a church Selma, Alabama, the attorney general was commemorating the 59th anniversary of the targeting of demonstrators by Selma police during an early civil rights protest.

He said that the right to vote “is still under attack,” though he provided little evidence in his speech for how requiring identification would be an assault on voting rights.

“There are many things that are open to debate in America,” Mr. Garland stated. “One thing that must not be open for debate is the right of all eligible citizens to vote and to have their vote counted.”

The attorney general said the Department of Justice is “fighting back” against states that have passed bills requiring identification that would prove such eligibility to cast ballots.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ag-merrick-garland-calls-voter-id-laws-unnecessary
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: AG Merrick Garland Calls Voter ID Laws 'Unnecessary'
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 03:25:57 pm »
Especially not with the 10 million or so illegal aliens his party has allowed in the country! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson