Author Topic: A suspected attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels damages a ship in the Gulf of Aden  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A suspected attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels damages a ship in the Gulf of Aden
Indian Navy acts as firefighters on container ship attacked by Houthis in Gulf of Aden

XXXXX in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Monday, Jan. 8, 2024. XXXXX. (AP Photo/Jon Gambrell)
BY JON GAMBRELL
Updated 7:53 AM EST, March 6, 2024

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A suspected attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels damaged a ship in the Gulf of Aden on Wednesday, authorities said, the latest in a campaign of assaults by the group over Israel’s war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

The attack came as a U.S. destroyer separately shot down drones and a missile launched by the Houthis and as the Indian navy released images of it fighting a fire aboard a container ship earlier targeted by the rebels.

Meanwhile, Iran announced Wednesday it would confiscate a $50 million cargo of Kuwaiti crude oil for American energy firm Chevron Corp. aboard a tanker it seized nearly a year earlier. It marks the latest twist in a yearslong shadow war playing out in the Mideast’s waterways even before the Houthi attacks began.

The attack Wednesday in the Gulf of Aden targeted a Barbados-flagged bulk carrier called True Confidence, which earlier had been hailed over radio by individuals claiming to be the Yemeni military, officials said. The Houthis have been hailing ships over the radio in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden since launching their attacks, with analysts suspecting the rebels want to seize the vessels.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-houthi-attacks-us-israel-palestinians-gaza-89c5440d9943216a787b39912bd969e0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A suspected attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels 

Who else might have done it?  A crazed octopus?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson