Author Topic: Which geopolitical hotspots could drive US defence spending by 2028?  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Which geopolitical hotspots could drive US defence spending by 2028?
GlobalData forecasts a surge in US defence expenditure amidst growing geopolitical tensions and strategic imperatives.

Harry McNeil
March 6, 2024
Share this article

Amidst increasing aggression and instability across the globe, the United States prepares itself for a period of intensified military preparedness and strategic deterrence. Source: Defense Visual Information Distribution Service

As the world grapples with rising aggression and instability, the United States braces for an era of heightened military readiness and strategic deterrence.

GlobalData’s latest projections from its “US Defense Market 2023-2028” report indicate an uptick in defence spending, reflecting America’s resolve to navigate an increasingly uncertain global landscape.

In response to mounting threats posed by authoritarian regimes and non-state actors, the United States is poised to intensify its investment in defence capabilities, with forecasts indicating a surge in expenditure. According to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company, US defence spending is projected to skyrocket to $931.6bn by 2028, increasing from $818.8bn in 2023.

https://www.army-technology.com/news/which-geopolitical-hotspots-could-drive-us-defence-spending-by-2028/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:00:41 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson