Author Topic: Retired Army officer may have leaked secrets to honeypot spy  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Retired Army officer may have leaked secrets to honeypot spy
« on: March 06, 2024, 02:53:57 pm »
Retired Army officer may have leaked secrets to honeypot spy
"You are my secret informant love! How were your meetings? Successfully?"

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED MAR 5, 2024 4:11 PM EST

A retired Army officer passed secrets via a dating website to someone claiming to be a woman in Ukraine in online chats that mixed teasing sweet talk in broken English with specific requests for classified information, federal prosecutors claim.

“Beloved Dave, do NATO and Biden have a secret plan to help us?” read one note, according to court documents. “Dear, what is shown on the screens in the special room?? It is very interesting,” said another.

On the same day that Airman 1st Class Jack Teixeira pleaded guilty to sharing classified information on Discord servers, the Justice Department announced they had arrested retired Army Lt. Col. David Franklin Slater, 63,  for allegedly using a foreign dating website to provide national defense information to the person claiming to be a woman in Ukraine.

Federal prosecutors say Slater, then an Air Force civilian employee, provided the woman with classified information, including military targets in Russia’s war against Ukraine along with data about Russian military capabilities, according to an indictment against him, which the Justice Department has publicly released.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/honeypot-spy-ukraine-charged/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Retired Army officer may have leaked secrets to honeypot spy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 02:56:47 pm »

That's nothing! Hold muh beer and watch me shag a Chinese spy!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org