Author Topic: Powell says Fed won't rush to cut interest rates until inflation is conquered  (Read 964 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Powell says Fed won't rush to cut interest rates until inflation is conquered
Fed's Powell doubles down on 'no rush to cut' message in congressional testimony
By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said Wednesday that policymakers expect to cut interest rates sometime in 2024, but are not ready to do so until they are confident inflation is tamed.

"We believe that our policy rate is likely at its peak for this tightening cycle," Powell said in remarks prepared for testimony before the House Financial Services Committee. "If the economy evolves broadly as expected, it will likely be appropriate to begin dialing back policy restraint at some point this year."

The Federal Open Market Committee voted during their January meeting to hold rates steady at a range of 5.25% to 5.5%, the highest level in 22 years. Although policymakers also cracked open the door to reducing rates this year, Powell told reporters during the post-meeting press conference that a March cut was unlikely.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/powell-says-fed-wont-rush-cut-interest-rates-capitol-hill-testimony
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Lost in all the recent big news is the big jump and new record pricing in Gold.  At this moment- $2,154.70/oz.

Not good news considering it may be harbringer of (1) Weakness or pecieved weakness in the $USD. or (2) Are we in the infant stages of some upcoming hyperinflation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Everything Is fine. Inflation is under control. Biden's policies are working as planned.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lost in all the recent big news is the big jump and new record pricing in Gold.  At this moment- $2,154.70/oz.

Not good news considering it may be harbringer of (1) Weakness or pecieved weakness in the $USD. or (2) Are we in the infant stages of some upcoming hyperinflation.
I'm putting all my spare money in ammunition, ammunition is the new gold when SHTF and we enter a barter economy :whistle:

Online LMAO

I thought inflation already was conquered? That’s what the White House tells us.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Now...  Gold is $2,189/oz. Seems like new records daily now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

I sure wish silver would follow.

Good point.  I know we have never seen a 100X differental between the two.  We are getting close.