Author Topic: With an eye on Ukraine, Army revamps training to reflect modern war  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With an eye on Ukraine, Army revamps training to reflect modern war
Soldiers are learning to hide their Starlink dishes—and relearning the importance of digging a deep foxhole.
SAM SKOVE | MARCH 5, 2024 04:48 PM ET
ARMY UKRAINE TRAINING & SIMULATION

FORT IRWIN, California—From the air, the camouflaged headquarters of Maj. Gen. Jim Isenhower looked much like any other rocky hill in the barren desert landscape.

The effect was almost perfect—except for the distinctive white square of a Starlink satellite antenna that would be all too visible to the commercially available drones used by Blackhorse, the Army unit playing Isenhower’s adversary.

“Throw a blanket on that,” Maj. Gen. Curt Taylor, commander of Fort Irwin’s National Training Center, instructed one soldier.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/03/eye-ukraine-army-revamps-training-reflect-modern-war/394705/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson