Author Topic: MARSAI: Illegal Immigrant Terrorism — Right-Wing Boogeyman Or Credible Threat?  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MARSAI: Illegal Immigrant Terrorism — Right-Wing Boogeyman Or Credible Threat?
OPINIONFlood Of Migrants Overwhelms Arizona Border Crossings

VIKTOR MARSAI
CONTRIBUTOR
March 04, 2024

In mainstream academic discussion, the link between illegal immigration and security is said to be merely a social construct. As stated by the authors of the well-known book “The Age of Migration,” there has been a post-Cold War trend of associating migration with security issues, a process referred to as “securitization.” It is claimed that this often occurs in the absence of a genuine threat, leading politicians to create an imagined threat. The contention is that labeling migrants as potential “terrorists” incites fear and a sense of danger.

However, when examining available data and information, it’s clear that the security risk posed by illegal immigration is more than just a political tactic or a social construct. Terrorist groups are exploiting the movement of people into the U.S. and Europe to infiltrate these societies and carry out very real terrorist attacks. This remains a concern even though the vast majority of these immigrants have no ties to extremist organizations. Underestimating the security challenges posed by illegal mass immigration is just as damaging as overstating the issue.

As Mark Krikorian points out in his book “A New Case Against Immigration,” all the terrorists involved in the 9/11 attacks had committed some kind of immigration fraud. There are many examples of the link between terrorism and immigration since 9/11 too. For instance, in the fiscal year 2023, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) caught 736 people listed on the Terrorist Screening Data Set (TSDS).

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/04/marsai-migrant-terror-attacks-national-security/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson