Author Topic: Illegal Mexican migrant allegedly kills Washington state trooper in high-speed crash after drinking,  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Illegal Mexican migrant allegedly kills Washington state trooper in high-speed crash after drinking, smoking weed
By Social Links forYaron Steinbuch
Published March 6, 2024, 8:13 a.m. ET

An illegal migrant from Mexico with a lengthy rap sheet has been arrested for allegedly crashing his vehicle into a Washington state trooper, killing the 27-year-old husband and father.

Raul Benitez Santana, 33, admitted to smoking weed and drinking beers before slamming his SUV into Trooper Christopher Gadd’s patrol car in the early hours of Saturday, Fox 13 Seattle reported, citing probable cause documents.

A witness told police the fast-moving SUV swerved and hit the back of Gadd’s patrol car as it was parked on the shoulder of Interstate 5 in Marysville, before spinning into the fast lane, where it was hit by a van.

Gadd, a married dad whose father and sister are also troopers, was pronounced dead at the scene.

“It is with a heavy heart that we report we lost a brother today,” State Police spokesperson Chris​ Loftis told KIRO Newsradio. “The troopers sign up for danger. They are brave people.”

https://nypost.com/2024/03/06/us-news/illegal-mexican-migrant-allegedly-kills-washington-state-trooper-in-crash-after-drinking-smoking-weed/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:54:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson