Author Topic: AZ Gov. Hobbs Vetoes Bill Allowing Police to Arrest the Illegals Overwhelming Her State  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AZ Gov. Hobbs Vetoes Bill Allowing Police to Arrest the Illegals Overwhelming Her State
CRAIG BANNISTER | MARCH 5, 2024
DONATE

Even though her state continues to be overwhelmed by illegal immigration, Democrat Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs vetoed a bill that would have allowed police to arrest illegal immigrants.

On Monday, Gov. Hobbs vetoed the "Arizona Border Invasion Act" (Senate Bill 1231) which would have made illegal immigration a state crime, thus allowing police to arrest lawbreakers and do the job the Biden Administration has been loath to do.

The bill would have:

Made it a misdemeanor to illegally enter the state between official ports of entry,
Made it a felony to enter the state after being deported, and
Made it a felony to refuse to refuse to comply after having been deemed inadmissible and ordered to leave.

https://mrctv.org/blog/craig-bannister/az-gov-hobbs-vetoes-bill-allowing-police-arrest-illegals-overwhelming-her
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson