Author Topic: Nikki Haley to Exit Republican Presidential Race  (Read 878 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nikki Haley to Exit Republican Presidential Race
« on: March 06, 2024, 12:56:27 pm »
Wall Street Journal
By John McCormickFollow
March 6, 2024 6:00 am ET

Nikki Haley plans to suspend her Republican presidential primary bid in a speech Wednesday morning, people familiar with her plans told The Wall Street Journal.

The former South Carolina governor and United Nations ambassador is expected to make an appearance to deliver brief remarks in the Charleston, S.C., area around 10 a.m. ET. Her decision arrived the day after Super Tuesday, when she won only Vermont among 15 states that held GOP contests.

(more)
https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/nikki-haley-drops-out-2024-presidential-election-625277ca

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nikki-haley-to-end-presidential-campaign-as-last-major-trump-rival-exits-sources/ar-BB1jqfLQ

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13163579/Nikki-Haley-drops-trump-endorse.html
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:12:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Nikki Haley to Exit Republican Presidential Race
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 03:11:15 pm »
Kambree
@KamVTV
Nikki Haley is expected to hold a presser and end her campaign any moment. Will she endorse? That's a million-dollar question.
10:06 AM · Mar 6, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 03:15:45 pm »
 buh bye
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 03:16:14 pm »
Kambree
@KamVTV
Nikki Haley is expected to hold a presser and end her campaign any moment. Will she endorse? That's a million-dollar question.
10:06 AM · Mar 6, 2024
She will endorse nobody. Silence is golden.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 03:20:23 pm »
Debra J. Saunders
@debrajsaunders
·
3s
From @JoeBiden
 statement:
“Donald Trump made it clear he doesn’t want Nikki Haley’s supporters. I want to be clear: There is a place for them in my campaign."
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 03:27:41 pm »
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
PRESIDENT BIDEN STATEMENT ON HALEY DROPPING:

“It takes a lot of courage to run for President – that’s especially true in today’s Republican Party, where so few dare to speak the truth about Donald Trump. Nikki Haley was willing to speak the truth about Trump: about the chaos that always follows him, about his inability to see right from wrong, about his cowering before Vladimir Putin.

Donald Trump made it clear he doesn’t want Nikki Haley’s supporters. I want to be clear: There is a place for them in my campaign. I know there is a lot we won’t agree on. But on the fundamental issues of preserving American democracy, on standing up for the rule of law, on treating each other with decency and dignity and respect, on preserving NATO and standing up to America’s adversaries, I hope and believe we can find common ground.

We all know this is no ordinary election. And the stakes for America couldn’t be higher. I know that Democrats and Republicans and Independents disagree on many issues and hold strong convictions. That’s a good thing. That’s what America stands for. But I also know this: what unites Democrats and Republicans and Independents is a love for America.”
9:26 AM · Mar 6, 2024
 from Washington, DC
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 04:00:09 pm »
Finally. She's just one of those finger wagging, shrewy women so secure in their feministity that they don't know when to STHU or cut their losses and step off.

Guessing the flow of other people's money dried up, and she sure wasn't going to spend hers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 04:06:41 pm »
Finally. She's just one of those finger wagging, shrewy women so secure in their feministity that they don't know when to STHU or cut their losses and step off.

Guessing the flow of other people's money dried up, and she sure wasn't going to spend hers.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 04:10:33 pm »
She did not endorse Trump

This completes her political suicide.  Good riddance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 04:10:59 pm »
She did not endorse Trump
She said, "I always support the Republican candidate."
Kind of, a sort of indirect endorsement.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 04:45:54 pm »
‘TROUNCED’: Donald Trump Rips Nikki Haley After She Refused to Endorse Him

Wendell Husebø 6 Mar 2024

Former President Donald Trump slammed former presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Truth Social for being “trounced” on Super Tuesday after she refused to endorse him the following day.

Trump’s post shows just how combative feelings remain between the pair.

“Nikki Haley got TROUNCED last night, in record setting fashion, despite the fact that Democrats, for reasons unknown, are allowed to vote in Vermont, and various other Republican Primaries,” Trump said.

Trump won 14 out of 15 primaries on Super Tuesday.

In total, Haley spent more than $114 million during her Republican primary bid against Trump to only win Vermont and Washington, DC, Federal Election Commission (FEC) data from the latest report on February 2 shows, as Breitbart News reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/03/06/trounced-donald-trump-rips-nikki-haley-after-she-refused-to-endorse-him/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 05:20:41 pm »
‘TROUNCED’: Donald Trump Rips Nikki Haley After She Refused to Endorse Him

Both act like petulant children.

Neither are presidential IMO.  I'm only holding my nose and voting for the Orange menace, because he is at least a better speed bump to slow down our demise.  Then put our hopes into an actual conservative in '28.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 05:22:50 pm »
Joe Biden Woos Nikki Haley Voters After She Failed to Endorse Donald Trump

Joe Biden’s tactic attempts to divide the Republican Party by exposing Nikki Haley’s refusal to endorse Donald Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/03/06/joe-biden-woos-nikki-haley-voters-after-she-failed-to-endorse-donald-trump/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 08:25:10 pm »
Translation:"The "FREE MONEY" quit showing up,and she wasn't about to waste what she had already accumulated on a lost cause.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 08:42:58 pm »
Both act like petulant children.

Neither are presidential IMO.  I'm only holding my nose and voting for the Orange menace, because he is at least a better speed bump to slow down our demise.  Then put our hopes into an actual conservative in '28.
Am I wrong, or didn't Don Don say he wouldn't support any candidate that beat him? Trump is seriously twisted in that he believes everyone must follow his rules while he believes he must follow no rules.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 09:32:16 pm »
Trump is consistent in that he doesn't believe the Democrats should be able to participate in the Republican primaries or the general election. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 09:33:55 pm »
Trump is Trump.  I refuse to vote for the man/child.

Same here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 09:34:55 pm »
Am I wrong, or didn't Don Don say he wouldn't support any candidate that beat him? Trump is seriously twisted in that he believes everyone must follow his rules while he believes he must follow no rules.
And now he has a family member hijacking the Republican Party to make that a hard rule.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 09:37:12 pm »
Trump is consistent in that he doesn't believe the Democrats should be able to participate in the Republican primaries or the general election.

There becomes a conflict of interest when DEMS can vote in GOP primaries and REPS can vote in DEM primaries.  IMHO all primaries need to be closed primaries.  As for the general election, it should remain that any registered voter should be able to vote for the candidate of their choice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 09:38:57 pm »
Trump is Trump.  I refuse to vote for the man/child.

Well, she is the one who bad mouthed him, spent millions trying to defeat him and had the GOPe on her side.  I think he's entitled to take part in some sort of self-accomplishment.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 09:40:22 pm »
And now he has a family member hijacking the Republican Party to make that a hard rule.

That is indeed troubling.  That's headed in the wrong direction and sure won't accomplish getting some needed new voters on his side. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2024, 09:43:51 pm »
Well, she is the one who bad mouthed him, spent millions trying to defeat him and had the GOPe on her side. I think he's entitled to take part in some sort of self-accomplishment.

@libertybele

HTH do you think you are,here defending Rude Orange Man,you HEATHEN?

YEW OUTTA BE A-SHAMED OF YO-SEF!

Kaint yew see dat all the SMART peep-pulls isa wurking hard in order to make sure he loses in order to justify their brain farts?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 09:47:28 pm »
Translation:"The "FREE MONEY" quit showing up,and she wasn't about to waste what she had already accumulated on a lost cause.

Keep in mind that DeSantis, Vivek and Haley (possibly others) only suspended their campaigns - they did not technically withdraw. Should it happen that they manage to keep Trump from running for any reason, they can still get back into the race.  The Republican convention hasn't taken place so, he isn't the nominee quite yet. So ... Haley racked up as many delegates as she could, putting her ahead of DeSantis and Vivek.

There is a bill before Congress to keep him off the ballot. 

Yes last night was a sweet victory for Trump, but again, never, ever under estimate the underhandedness nor corruption of the DEMS.  Just sayin'.

Offline berdie

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:06 pm »
Keep in mind that DeSantis, Vivek and Haley (possibly others) only suspended their campaigns - they did not technically withdraw. Should it happen that they manage to keep Trump from running for any reason, they can still get back into the race.  The Republican convention hasn't taken place so, he isn't the nominee quite yet. So ... Haley racked up as many delegates as she could, putting her ahead of DeSantis and Vivek.

There is a bill before Congress to keep him off the ballot. 

Yes last night was a sweet victory for Trump, but again, never, ever under estimate the underhandedness nor corruption of the DEMS.  Just sayin'.

I hadn't thought of that, but you are right.

I also totally agree with your post upthread about open primary elections vs the general.