Author Topic: Rep. Barbara Lee defeated in California Senate primary  (Read 333 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rep. Barbara Lee defeated in California Senate primary
« on: March 06, 2024, 10:40:59 am »
Rep. Barbara Lee defeated in California Senate primary
Story by Daniela Altimari • 10h

After more than a quarter century of advocating for progressive values in the House, Rep. Barbara Lee will leave Congress in January after losing her bid for Senate.

The 77-year-old Democrat from northern California war running fourth in a 27-candidate field seeking two nominations for the seat left open by the death of Sen. Dianne Feinstein last year when The Associated Press called the race for second-place finisher Steve Garvey at 12:01 Wednesday morning. Fellow Democratic Rep. Adam B. Schiff had been called the winner of the top spot around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

A one-time aide to the late Rep. Ronald V. Dellums, Lee was first elected to the 12th District seat in 1998 and has faced minimal opposition in one of the nation’s bluest districts, where she typically ran up vote totals topping 80 percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-barbara-lee-defeated-in-california-senate-primary/ar-BB1jp3H5?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6c6fe2b83ad643bc969fca366be72f1d&ei=72
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Rep. Barbara Lee defeated in California Senate primary
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 10:42:22 am »
 :0012: :cheerlead: :headbang: blij26 :lotsosmileys: buh bye
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Rep. Barbara Lee defeated in California Senate primary
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 05:55:50 pm »
There were two primary votes for US Senate: one to serve out the late DiFei's remaining term; a second for the seat's upcoming term. Schifftyroo beat Garvey in one vote and lost to Garvey in the other (didn't notice which was which). In third place was Batgirl Wannabe Katie Porter (who did not run for her current House seat), and in fourth was Baa-Baa Lee (who also did not run for her current House seat).

While it's nice that, unlike the previous Senatorial race, there will be a Dem AND an R on the November ballot, I would be surprised if Garvey gets more than 40% of the vote. If he does, it will show that even quite a few Dems were less than thrilled by Schifftyroo's Trump-Hate-Obsession and antics.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 05:59:03 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.