Author Topic: Migrant crossings major problem for 75% of US Hispanics: Pew  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant crossings major problem for 75% of US Hispanics: Pew
« on: March 06, 2024, 10:25:44 am »

Migrant crossings major problem for 75% of US Hispanics: Pew
© Provided by News Nation

(NewsNation) — Nearly three months after U.S. Border Patrol officials encountered a record number of migrant encounters at the southern border, immigration remains a major issue on the minds of most Americans.

That includes U.S. Hispanics, 75% of whom describe the increase in migrants crossing the southern border as a major problem or crisis, a recent Pew Research poll showed. Of those polled, 74% are also critical of the U.S. government’s handling of the crisis.

However, Hispanics are less likely than non-Hispanics to describe what’s happening with migrants crossing the border as a crisis, the Pew poll revealed. Hispanics are also less likely to consider the situation a crisis as only 38% of those polled fall into that category. Other categories included “major problem”, “minor problem” and “not a problem”, of which only 6% of Hispanics and 4% of non-Hispanics chose.

Chinese migrant encounters surge across US border with social media aid
Among non-Hispanics, 47% consider the situation a crisis rather than a major problem. Most of the migrants arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border are coming from Latin American countries, data shows, but more newcomers are arriving from places like China, Russia and India.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrant-crossings-major-problem-for-75-of-us-hispanics-pew/ar-BB1jnqUJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6c6fe2b83ad643bc969fca366be72f1d&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson