Author Topic: Robinson wins North Carolina GOP governor nomination  (Read 630 times)

Online cato potatoe

Robinson wins North Carolina GOP governor nomination
« on: March 06, 2024, 05:28:16 am »
Robinson wins North Carolina GOP governor nomination

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson (R) will be the GOP nominee for the state’s gubernatorial race, Decision Desk HQ projects.

Robinson has built a reputation of being controversial throughout his time in office, having made disparaging comments about Jewish, Muslim and transgender people and Black people who vote for Democrats. He has also defended himself against accusations that comments he made were antisemitic and criticism of remarks he has made calling homosexuality “filth.”

Recent polling has shown a tight race in a hypothetical match-up between Robinson and his Democratic opponent, state Attorney General Josh Stein (D).

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4510710-robinson-wins-north-carolina-gop-governor-nomination/

Online cato potatoe

Re: Robinson wins North Carolina GOP governor nomination
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 05:37:33 am »
This should be interesting, because Robinson won a statewide race in a year when the governorship was held by the democrat incumbent.  His delivery is effective, and he seems to be a stand-up guy, but his online persona is a trainwreck. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 04:41:51 pm »
This should be interesting, because Robinson won a statewide race in a year when the governorship was held by the democrat incumbent.  His delivery is effective, and he seems to be a stand-up guy, but his online persona is a trainwreck.

He is not a stand-up guy.

https://twitter.com/MaldonadoBBC/status/1765204263058522594?t=QmhyXpXdyzdch1zlKE55pA&s=19
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 05:25:50 pm »
Yes, but that line seems to have been plucked from a post about gun control. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 08:15:49 pm »

He is not a stand-up guy.

https://twitter.com/MaldonadoBBC/status/1765204263058522594?t=QmhyXpXdyzdch1zlKE55pA&s=19

@kevindavis007

Hitler did NOT "disarm millions of Jews" because back then Jews were primarily businessmen living in cities,and Europeans living in European cities back then were pretty safe from criminal attacks.

Unless,of course,they were young males hitting up the "bright lights districts",would would have been a pretty rare event for Jews.

The "Bright Light Districts" were and still are pretty dangerous places for people not familiar with them to go. ESPECIALLY if they are going alone,regardless of your ethnicity.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 08:22:38 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 08:21:17 pm »
Yes, but that line seems to have been plucked from a post about gun control. 

@cato potatoe

True,but back in the 30's IF someone in a city owned a gun,it was typically a six-shot revolver if it was a full-sized gun. Even then,I suspect that was rare unless it was maybe a shop owner who had to hand carry his money to deposit it in his bank account every day.

Typically,people didn't really need guns because people back then tended to live in neighborhoods with people of a VERY similar religious as well as ethnic background.

You just didn't have the "clash of cultures" that has been happening since probably the 1950's.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 08:26:30 pm »
Robinson is falsely accused of denying the Holocaust, apparently.

Tweeted by @greg_price11:  Here is the full quote from Mark Robinson where as you can see, he did not in fact deny the Holocaust. If he was as bad a guy as these people claimed, they wouldn't feel the need to lie about the things he has said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 09:57:03 pm »
There is NOTHING scarier to the 'murikan left than to see a black leave the Dim Plantation and become a Republican.

It flies in the face of everything they believe in and promote.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 09:59:46 pm »
Robinson is falsely accused of denying the Holocaust, apparently.

Tweeted by @greg_price11:  Here is the full quote from Mark Robinson where as you can see, he did not in fact deny the Holocaust. If he was as bad a guy as these people claimed, they wouldn't feel the need to lie about the things he has said.

Thanks for posting the full quote. The media also did this with Trump’s “very fine people” quote
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 11:22:45 pm »
Here's another lie they're telling about him:
Jennifer Bendery (Huff Post reporterette)
@jbendery
NEW: Newly unearthed video of N.C. GOP gubernatorial nominee Mark Robinson in 2020: "I absolutely want to go back to the America where women couldn’t vote."
4:48 PM · Mar 6, 2024

And this would be the truth:
John McCormack
@McCormackJohn
In the full quotation, Robinson was crediting the GOP for women's suffrage and said he's a Republican *because of* the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote.

5:59 PM · Mar 6, 2024
Clearly, the left sees this black man as just a bit too uppity for their taste.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org