Author Topic: Arizona governor vetoes 'Alien Invasion Act' allowing police to arrest illegal border crossers  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona governor vetoes 'Alien Invasion Act' allowing police to arrest illegal border crossers
Arizona bill would have made it a misdemeanor for anyone to illegally cross the border other than at a lawful port of entry and a felony for illegal migrants who cross the border after being deported
By Michael Dorgan Fox News
Published March 5, 2024 12:46pm EST

Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs has vetoed a Republican-sponsored bill that would have authorized police to arrest illegal immigrants, saying the legislation was anti-immigrant and likely unconstitutional.

The veto was criticized by Republicans who say the bill would have helped curb a plethora of crimes linked to illegal immigration in the Grand Canyon State.

The bill, called the Arizona Border Invasion Act, would have made it a misdemeanor state crime for anyone to illegally cross the border at any location other than a lawful port of entry.

It would also have made it a felony for illegal migrants who cross the border after being deported, as well as those who have been ordered to leave the state but refused to comply. Local, county and state law enforcement officers would have been granted authority to arrest such individuals.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizona-gov-vetoes-alien-invasion-act-allowing-police-arrest-illegal-border-crossers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hobbs is a DCommunist apparatchik.

Did anyone expect differently?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hobbs is a DCommunist apparatchik.

That's why she was installed. (Please note that I did not say elected.)

[quoteDid anyone expect differently?
[/quote]

Nope! Next question.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Color me shocked.