Author Topic: Haiti violence: Cannibal gang members 'eating people they have killed' as chaos erupts  (Read 2439 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Daily Express
By CHARLIE BRADLEY
Mar 5, 2024

Haiti is "in a state of chaos" as violent gangs "eat the people they have killed", a journalist in the country tells Daily Express US.

Violence has plagued the country's capital of Port-au-Prince for years, but the situation has escalated drastically as gangs demand that Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry resign.

A state of emergency has been declared in the country after gangs attacked two prisons, setting many criminals free.

It is now thought that 80 percent of the Haitian capital is controlled by these gangs.

Describing the violence in the country, Wildlore Mérancourt told Daily Express US that cannibalism has been witnessed on the streets as the violence reaches "unprecedented" levels.

The editor-in-chief of AyiboPost said: "Haiti is living in a total chaotic situation right now. It is total chaos everywhere, especially in the capital where I am right now.

(more)
https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/130072/haiti-cannablism-port-au-prince-gangs-violence
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Damn! I hope the Dominican Republic has plenty of manpower covering their border **nononono*

Offline rustynail

Just another day there.

Offline NavyCanDo

Next stop our southern border.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
4,000 ruthless gang members in Haiti just escaped from prison.
Guess where they're about to end up.
9:13 AM · Mar 6, 2024
‘Catastrophic’: US worries Haiti crisis could exacerbate migration
By Matt Berg and Nahal Toosi
03/05/2024 06:05 PM EST
POLITICO

Lawmakers are warning a “catastrophic situation” in Haiti may worsen the migrant crisis as a loose alliance of armed gangs threaten to seize control of the nation, where the acting leader is missing.

Gang violence has plagued the Caribbean nation for more than two years since the assassination of President Jovenel Moise. But the crisis has escalated in recent days, when armed gangs overran two of Haiti’s biggest prisons, released thousands of inmates and tried to take control of the country’s main airport.

“The instability of one country impacts all the countries around it,” Rep. Yvette Clarke told POLITICO.

The Biden administration, which has for months tried to rally international support for the besieged country, is increasingly alarmed. In the past two days alone, White House and State Department officials have repeatedly expressed “grave concern” over the situation at press conferences.

If the Haitian government falls, lawmakers worry that the ripple effect could cause a major migration crisis for the region.

“It’s a catastrophic situation,” Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), co-chair of the House Haiti Caucus, told POLITICO. “The instability of one country impacts all the countries around it.”

The Dominican Republic has already closed its borders, Clarke said. The U.S and Caribbean nations will bear the brunt of “those who are just trying to survive in the midst of what’s taking place,” she added. ...
The U.S. expresses "grave concern," but makes no effort to keep these animals out of our country. But the Dominican Republic has no problem with protecting its own people.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Haiti gangs torch police stations as PM's future hangs in balance
March 7, 2024
By Vanessa Buschschlüter, BBC News
Gangs pushing for the ouster of Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry have been setting fire to police stations in the capital, Port-au-Prince.

The police station located in the busy Salomon market is the latest to be targeted, according to local media.

The three-day state of emergency has now been extended by a month.

The gangs in the violence-wracked city stepped up their attacks when Mr Henry left for a regional summit last week.

The unrest has paralysed air traffic, which has prevented his return. ...

Mr Henry has not given any public statements since he visited Kenya, where he met President William Ruto to salvage a deal for the African country to lead a multi-national force to help restore order in Haiti.

The two leaders signed a reciprocal agreement which paves the way for 2,000 Kenyan police officers to be sent to Haiti but a Kenyan opposition politician says he will challenge the deal in court.  ...

Online mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
In December 2022, the Biden DHS began a program to allow 30,000 migrants in every MONTH from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela.

They can enter the US without a visa and indefinitely stay here LEGALLY.

4k gang members just broke out of prison in Haiti. Venezuela is purposely emptying their prisons and sending them to us. Cuba and Nicaragua are crippled by gangs.

This is all coming to a city/town near you, courtesy of the Biden administration.
2:33 PM · Mar 9, 2024

Online mountaineer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Absolute anarchy’: Marines deployed to Haiti to protect US Embassy as chaos reigns
March 10, 2024 | Melissa Fine

The State Department deployed U.S. Marines to Haiti on Sunday to reinforce our nation’s embassy and airlift non-essential personnel out of Port-au-Prince as heavily armed gangs — thousands of which escaped the nation’s two largest prisons — continue their savage quest to seize control of the government.

“The middle-of-the-night operation was conducted via helicopter by the U.S. military at the request of the State Department,” Stars and Stripes reports.

“This airlift of personnel into and out of the embassy is consistent with our standard practice for embassy security augmentation worldwide, and no Haitians were on board the military aircraft,” the U.S. Southern Command said in a statement.

According to the Economic Times, “The operation was the latest sign of Haiti’s troubles as gang violence threatens to bring down the government and has led thousands to flee their homes.”

Horrifying images of chaos in the Caribbean nation have flooded social media, as gun-toting gang members laid siege to the Toussaint Louverture International Airport on Monday and attacked the police academy, where, according to CBS News, “more than 800 cadets are training.”

https://twitter.com/theinformant_x/status/1764776219529117874

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/03/10/absolute-anarchy-marines-deployed-to-haiti-to-protect-us-embassy-as-chaos-reigns-1444048/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:37:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Someone please remind me what the Clinton Foundation ever did for Haiti.

Absolute anarchy: Haiti on brink of total collapse amid mass prison breaks. Gangs have taken control, torching police stations, assaulting airports and setting the Interior Ministry on fire. The Prime Minister has fled the country.

https://twitter.com/realBruceSnyder/status/1766526843518107690

Online mountaineer

After Trump called Haiti a shithole nation, celebrities started wearing "Haiti Is Great Already" merch to prove him wrong.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1766907143876194491

This just in: Haiti is officially a $#!thole nation.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As cold as it sounds, it might be a good idea to keep track of (or sink) all the large boats...

Anywhere this lot hits the beach, they aren't coming in peace.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Seal off the island.
Destroy all boats and anything that floats (so they can't depart en masse for the USA).
Let them [literally] eat each other.

That's the only way for this situation to resolve itself.

EDIT:
I wrote and posted this BEFORE I read Smokin' Joe's reply above...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:13:49 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline LMAO

After Trump called Haiti a shithole nation, celebrities started wearing "Haiti Is Great Already" merch to prove him wrong.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1766907143876194491

This just in: Haiti is officially a $#!thole nation.

lol
That’s a little embarrassing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

Next stop our southern border.

It’s just a matter of time, really.

Online mountaineer

We're already getting Haitians. It will only get worse.

Online mountaineer

Gang leader named ‘Barbeque’ is now most powerful man in Haiti — as US evacuates Americans
 Ronny Reyes
Published March 10, 2024, 5:54 p.m. ET
New York Post
Haiti’s most notorious gang leader, known as “Barbecue,” may be the most powerful man in the nation as the prime minister remains unable to return home.

On Sunday, the US announced that troops had evacuated Americans from the US Embassy and brought in additional forces to secure the diplomatic compound in Port-au-Prince.

Jimmy Chérizier, the leader of the notorious “G9 and Family” gang, is in command of the bulk of the gunmen stirring anarchy in the capital — and he vowed to fight until embattled Prime Minister Ariel Henry resigns.

“I am ready to make an alliance with the devil, ready to sleep in the same bed as the devil,” Chérizier told his supporters last week as his fighters destroyed police stations and other government facilities.  ...
Pretty sure he long ago made an alliance with the devil.

Online mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Remember when Conan O’Brien went to a highly secured tourist resort in Haiti and claimed the entire country was safe and beautiful in response to Trump accurately describing it as a “sh*thole”?

Now they’re gunning each other down in the streets, cannibal gangs are feasting on the wounded and slain, and there’s no one to clean up the bodies because the government has collapsed.
9:49 PM · Mar 10, 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The border between Haiti (left) and the Dominican Republic (right):

Offline cato potatoe

Gang leader named ‘Barbeque’ is now most powerful man in Haiti — as US evacuates Americans

I wonder if Haiti has regional variants of barbecue.  Maybe Conan should check it out and report back to us.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Remember when Conan O’Brien went to a highly secured tourist resort in Haiti and claimed the entire country was safe and beautiful in response to Trump accurately describing it as a “sh*thole”?

Now they’re gunning each other down in the streets, cannibal gangs are feasting on the wounded and slain, and there’s no one to clean up the bodies because the government has collapsed.
9:49 PM · Mar 10, 2024

Do they ... like white meat?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Would these be voodoo cannibal gangs?  Doesn't get more Haiti than that.

So much for help from the Clinton "Foundation".
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

I wonder if Haiti has regional variants of barbecue.  Maybe Conan should check it out and report back to us.
Like whether their sauce is vinegar-based or tomato-based?  **nononono*

Online mountaineer

Haitian gangs abduct churchgoers amid escalating violence: 'Kidnappings everywhere'
By Nicole VanDyke, CP Reporter
 Monday, March 11, 2024
As civil unrest continues in Haiti with high levels of gang violence, a Catholic archbishop has warned that abductions from churches in the Caribbean nation are happening at a troubling rate.

Archbishop Max Leroy Mésidor of Port-au-Prince, the president of the Haitian Bishops' Conference, told the Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need on Friday that no place in the country is safe and pastoral work has been "very badly affected."

"There is a real danger of civil war breaking out," he said. "The armed gangs act like an organized army … The police cannot keep up with them."

Aid to the Church in Need has already reported several abductions of clergy and religious figures in Haiti this year.

"There are kidnappings everywhere," Mésidor said. "Everyone is afraid, including the religious. As soon as you leave Port-au-Prince, you are in danger. ... The gangs even come into the churches to kidnap the people there."

Mésidor's comments come as gangs launched a coordinated, large-scale attack on government buildings in or near downtown Port-au-Prince on Friday. A source who spoke with ABC News reports that various gangs targeted different buildings, including the Presidential Palace, the Interior Ministry and a police headquarters. This resulted in gangs and police engaging in gun battles, sending civilians fleeing the area.  ...
Christian Post

So who really is behind this? Do they have funding? If so, is it from Communists or Muslims?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If it wasn't for the poor innocents caught in the middle, I'd say just nuke the place.