Author Topic: Michelle Obama's office says the former first lady 'will not be running for president' in 2024  (Read 479 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

NBC News
By Mike Memoli
March 5, 2024

WASHINGTON — Former President Barack Obama has said he’s “all in” for President Joe Biden’s re-election effort. But a question nagging at many Democrats is what role his popular spouse might play.

Democrats nervously looking ahead to November say they want to see Michelle Obama playing a bigger role in the campaign. Some even whisper about the possibility that she might replace a politically hobbled incumbent on the 2024 ticket this summer — making her a fantasy candidate for members of both parties, albeit for different reasons.

Supporters of Republican front-runner Donald Trump have fixated on the notion of Obama’s swooping in to replace Biden in attempt to diminish the president’s political viability and stoke the GOP base.

In a statement to NBC News, the former first lady’s office tried to rein in imaginations on the right and the left, making it clear her 2024 plans don’t include running for office.

“Politics is hard,” she said in the Netflix special. “And the people who get into it … you’ve got to want it. It’s got to be in your soul, because it is so important. It is not in my soul.”

(more)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/michelle-obama-former-first-lady-not-running-president-2024-rcna141767
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

This was nothing more than a right wing conspiracy theory that’s been popping up since 2016

But I have no doubt she may campaign for Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This was nothing more than a right wing conspiracy theory that’s been popping up since 2016

But I have no doubt she may campaign for Biden
This idea was far more than just a right wing conspiracy. Many Left wing pundits on CNN/MSNBC/The View/Maddow/et-al saw it as a hopeful possibility. It was more of a Leftwing talking point than on the right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This idea was far more than just a right wing conspiracy. Many Left wing pundits on CNN/MSNBC/The View/Maddow/et-al saw it as a hopeful possibility. It was more of a Leftwing talking point than on the right.

The left was holding out on the possibility of the 1st Black TransMan in the White Hut.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Yup.

Offline mountaineer

So glad she has an office.  :silly: *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

So glad she has an office.  :silly: *****rollingeyes*****

What would she need an office for now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

You can bet we're paying for it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Her "office" said it.
Not her.

This ain't over yet.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Her "office" said it.
Not her.

This ain't over yet.

:yowsa: Agreed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.