Author Topic: Houston Chronicle  (Read 891 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Houston Chronicle
« on: March 05, 2024, 04:40:13 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Houston Chronicle
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 05:01:26 pm »
Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg was not happy exiting the polls Tuesday morning after she was initially told she was not qualified to vote.

This happened after the Harris County Clerk's Office said Ogg's partner, who's registered to vote under the same address, voted early under the district attorney's name by mistake.

Although the clerk's office said this was an isolated incident, Ogg said she was concerned this could happen to someone else.

You can't make this shit up!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 05:25:02 pm »
You can't make this shit up!

Does her partner have her ID as well?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 05:27:14 pm »

Must be a Lesbian thing in TX.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 05:31:55 pm »
Must be a Lesbian thing in TX.

My point was that checking IDs is the law in Texas.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 05:35:54 pm »

True.

Her wife/Partner voted by mail-in I believe using Ogg's ballot.  I want to know if a ballot was caste in the partners name, Olivia Jordan 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 05:38:37 pm »
True.

Her wife/Partner voted by mail-in I believe using Ogg's ballot.  I want to know if a ballot was caste in the partners name, Olivia Jordan

:yowsa:  888high58888

Total CF! Why did Ogg request a mail ballot and then go to the polls to vote on election day without her mail ballot?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 05:42:08 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 05:45:32 pm »
I'm surprised anyone came to a Topic named "Houston Chronicle", after I've gotten so much hell over the yrs posting articles from there.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 05:52:23 pm »
I'm surprised anyone came to a Topic named "Houston Chronicle", after I've gotten so much hell over the yrs posting articles from there.

It's okay IF we do it!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 06:02:11 pm »
True.

Kinda shows how much attention anyone pays to signatures on mail ballot envelopes don't it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 07:39:05 pm »
Kinda shows how much attention anyone pays to signatures on mail ballot envelopes don't it?

Good point!
You know what else we should know.  Did Orr's mail in ballot have Olivia's name signed at the bottom.  If so, okay I'll buy the excuse that she returned the one in orr's name by mistake.  But to your Point @Bigun the people charged with verifying these mail-in need to be fired.

Now if Orr's ballot had Orr's signature at the bottom it is FRAUD. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 07:43:12 pm »

Yep....  and strongly enforced to the point of comparing voter card signnatures, with the signature on the liscence. 

(At least in this conservative county)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 12:55:52 am »
 :pondering:

:silly: :chairbang:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 01:35:28 am »
 :whistle: :whistle: :silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 03:35:04 am »

Exactly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-