Author Topic: Right-Wingers Cry Foul at Paris Olympics Poster  (Read 235 times)

Online mountaineer

Right-Wingers Cry Foul at Paris Olympics Poster
« on: March 05, 2024, 04:21:56 pm »
It's now "far right wing" to complain about history being erased, even in France.
Right-Wingers Cry Foul at Paris Olympics Poster
AFP via MSN
March 5, 2024

French conservatives and far-right figures fumed Tuesday at the official poster for this summer's Paris Olympics, complaining a Christian cross and French tricolour flags were missing.

Those responsible for the image were "ready to deny France, going so far as to distort reality to cancel its history," Francois-Xavier Bellamy of the right-wing Republicans party wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Top of the list of complaints about the fantastical Parisian panorama is a cross which in real life tops the Dome des Invalides, part of a historic central Paris military complex and site of the tomb of Napoleon.

Its absence from the version depicted on the stylised poster led Marion Marechal of the far-right Reconquete (Reconquest) party to ask in her own post on X: "What is the point of holding the Olympic Games in France if we then hide who we are?"

And National Rally (RN) lawmaker Nicolas Meizonnet wrote that the omissions must be the result of "wokism" -- a bugbear of France's far right. ...

https://twitter.com/Sachinettiyil/status/1764956602631860565
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Right-Wingers Cry Foul at Paris Olympics Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 04:38:10 pm »
I'd make a France surrendering joke here, but I'm not sure anyone else would do any better.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.