Author Topic: Victoria Nuland to Step Down as Under Secretary of State  (Read 1035 times)

Offline mountaineer

Victoria Nuland to Step Down as Under Secretary of State
« on: March 05, 2024, 04:09:42 pm »
On the Retirement of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland
Press Statement
Antony J. Blinken, Secretary of State
March 5, 2024
Victoria Nuland has let me know that she intends to step down in the coming weeks as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs – a role in which she has personified President Biden’s commitment to put diplomacy back at the center of our foreign policy and revitalize America’s global leadership at a crucial time for our nation and the world.

Toria’s tenure caps three and a half decades of remarkable public service under six Presidents and ten Secretaries of State. Starting with her very first posting as a consular officer in Guangzhou, China, Toria’s had most of the jobs in this Department. Political officer and economic officer. Spokesperson and chief of staff. Deputy Assistant Secretary and Assistant Secretary. Special Envoy and Ambassador. ...

There is so much to admire about Toria beyond her diplomatic skill. She always speaks her mind – to my benefit and to the benefit of our foreign policy. She always stands up for and invests in America’s diplomats – mentoring them, lifting them up, and ensuring they and their families have what they deserve, and what our mission demands. She finds light in the darkest moments, makes you laugh when you need it most, and always has your back. ...
Good riddance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Victoria Nuland to Step Down as Under Secretary of State
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 04:11:04 pm »
Martyr Made
@martyrmade
Big news, likely signaling a major policy shift. Nuland has run point on our Russia-Europe policy ever since we helped engineer the Maidan coup d’etat. The results, after 10 years are in:

-Ukraine is destroyed, and has permanently lost Crimea and its main industrial region
-Europe is deindustrializing
-Russia is permanently alienated, and tighter than ever with China, India, and Iran
-much of the world refused to isolate Russia, and suffered no consequences
-institutions central to U.S. dollar hegemony no longer viewed as neutral
-NordStream broke the seal on sabotaging international infrastructure
-Russian military capabilities significantly increased, not decreased
-countries like Iran, North Korea, etc have seen that, short of total war, NATO conventional capabilities are quite limited

Still, Nuland is one of those undead creatures in Washington, who has only ever failed upward, so her resignation probably indicates her usefulness has finally run out.
10:59 AM · Mar 5, 2024

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1765032997995081999

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 04:18:37 pm »
Have you ever noticed how many left-wing government women look like they might conduct drag queen story hours?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 04:22:26 pm »
Have you ever noticed how many left-wing government women look like they might conduct drag queen story hours?

:yowsa: I have noticed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 04:23:41 pm »
She makes Hillary look warm and cuddly.

The Sirius Report
@thesiriusreport
Nuland resigns:

Clearest indication yet that the US knows the Ukraine war is over and Russia has won:

Nuland has spent a decade making this her primary focus and it has ended in total failure. She clearly doesn't want to be in the limelight when that reality becomes publicly undeniable.

This failure will live long in her memory, rather like Clinton's failure to become president.
9:31 AM · Mar 5, 2024
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 04:25:17 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 04:26:22 pm »

She has a face that could sink a thousand ships and then knock a maggot off a gut barrel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 05:18:23 pm »
What a mean looking woman/man?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 09:50:19 pm »

First thing that crossed my mind (in this new world we occupy) was is this Victor/Victoria?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 10:34:21 pm »

First thing that crossed my mind (in this new world we occupy) was is this Victor/Victoria?
Well maybe if they were beat with an ugly stick/club...she aint no Julie Andrews **nononono*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 10:35:46 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 11:31:14 pm »
Well maybe if they were beat with an ugly stick/club...she aint no Julie Andrews **nononono*

Maybe if she was playing the part of Jim Garner....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 11:41:37 pm »
She's headin' for the hills ... before the inevitable loss in Ukraine.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 11:42:03 pm »
Tracy Beanz
@tracybeanz
It’s great that she’s resigned….but where is she GOING.
10:17 AM · Mar 5, 2024

Good question. WEF or one of the Soros enterprises?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 11:44:27 pm »
Throwback to  2015  leaked recording of US State Department official Victoria Nuland discussing how Washington handpicked the post-coup Ukrainian government.

https://twitter.com/FreyjaTarte/status/1765064072125702555

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 11:49:54 pm »
Throwback to  2015  leaked recording of US State Department official Victoria Nuland discussing how Washington handpicked the post-coup Ukrainian government.

https://twitter.com/FreyjaTarte/status/1765064072125702555

She aged like a fine 15th century wine in the cargo hold of a sunken shipwreck resting at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean

Online GtHawk

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2024, 11:54:32 pm »
Maybe if she was playing the part of Jim Garner....
Even Jim Garner would look better as a woman than that **nononono*

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2024, 11:57:43 pm »
Even Jim Garner would look better as a woman than that **nononono*

Yup!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 01:07:43 am »
Reminds me of the woman in Misery.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 01:11:41 am »
Reminds me of the woman in Misery.

I would not like to be James Caan in the bed ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 01:27:44 am »
She makes Hillary look warm and cuddly.

She looks like a professional blind date.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 02:54:08 am »

There was NO coup in Ukraine in 2014.  And the idea that this one woman could single-handedly "overthrow" Yanukovych is absurd.  The Ukrainian people and parliament were the ones who got rid of that Putin-stooge.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online GtHawk

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2024, 01:18:39 pm »
Good riddance to Victoria Nuland
    by: David Krayden
 03/11/2024
Human Events
Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland is retiring. It’s not certain to me whether she’s being pushed out of the Biden administration because she will be a convenient scapegoat for Ukraine’s imminent defeat or whether she is frustrated that she has not yet provoked a nuclear war with Russia – but that is a moot point really.

She has wreaked her damage.

Over the decades, the sunny-faced state department staffer grew darker and heavier in every sense of the word. She not only spoke about war like it was merely diplomacy by other means, she began to look like she enjoyed the prospect of men and women dying on the battlefield.

The diplomats are usually the most dangerous and the most apt to resort to military force because they will never be faced with the prospect of killing the enemy on the battlefield; never have to see their best friends pulverized by shrapnel; or never have to witness first-hand just how bloody, debilitating and nauseous war can be.

We who have worn the uniform and seen the conflict could teach her something but she would never submit to such a pedantic exercise.  ...