Author Topic: Pentagon Inspector General to assess Navy’s suicide prevention efforts  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon Inspector General to assess Navy’s suicide prevention efforts
By Meghann Myers
 Mar 4, 01:17 PM

The Pentagon’s independent watchdog is looking into the Navy’s efforts to prevent and respond to suicides, according to a project announcement posted Tuesday.

The review follows an internal Navy audit spurred by two clusters of suicides within the same command during 2022.

The project began in February, according to the announcement, and will assess whether the “Navy effectively took actions to prevent and respond to incidents of deaths by suicide, suicide attempts, and suicidal ideation among members of the Navy assigned to sea duty or shore duty,” according to the announcement.

It will include site visits to Norfolk Naval Air Station, Virginia; Naval Base San Diego, California; Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton, Washington; and Naval Station Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/04/pentagon-inspector-general-to-assess-navys-suicide-prevention-efforts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another report will, most assuredly, fix the problem. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson