Author Topic: Sailors, Marines could see changes to how beards are accommodated  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sailors, Marines could see changes to how beards are accommodated
By Irene Loewenson
 Mar 5, 05:00 AM

The Department of the Navy has completed its long-awaited study on whether beards interfere with gas mask seals, federal court filings reveal.

But exactly what that will mean for sailors and Marines going forward remains unclear.

While the study’s findings have not been disclosed, court filings make clear that the department is now mulling changes to unspecified aspects of its policies governing when sailors and Marines with religious or medical accommodations may wear beards.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/03/05/sailors-marines-could-see-changes-to-how-beards-are-accommodated/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Sailors, Marines could see changes to how beards are accommodated
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 01:59:58 pm »
I would guess beards will be allowed in any form if it aids in recruiting and retention. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson