Author Topic: Feds stiff NYC giving a mere $49million in funding for migrant crisis after Big Apple expects to pay  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds stiff NYC giving a mere $49million in funding for migrant crisis after Big Apple expects to pay $10BILLION - as Mayor Eric Adams continues to beg Joe Biden for more money to help 'sanctuary city'

New York City has received $49 million of its promised $150 million in migrant crisis-related aid from the federal government

The influx of migrants that cost taxpayers in the Big Apple $12.65 billion in 2023

Mayor Eric Adams called for an overhaul of its sanctuary city status as it buckles under the migrant crisis
By RACHEL BOWMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:16 EST, 5 March 2024 | UPDATED: 02:53 EST, 5 March 2024

New York City has received less than one-third of the minuscule amount of money federal officials have pledged to the Big Apple to help fund migrant services - and city leaders say Washington has stymied efforts to collect more.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13157863/NYC-migrant-crisis-federal-funding-Eric-Adams-Joe-Biden.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson