Author Topic: How Geology And Rocks Tell The Story Of Earth’s Climatic Past  (Read 563 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JONATHAN DUHAMEL ON MAR 4, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

How Geology And Rocks Tell The Story Of Earth’s Climatic Past

I am a geologist which means I have rocks in my head and some of those rocks have recorded the climate history of Earth. Here is their story.

We will start with the big picture.

The graphic below [after the jump] shows the estimated temperature and atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) content for the past 600 million years. [emphasis, links added]

The blue line is the estimated temperature; the black line is the estimated CO2 content of the atmosphere.

Notice that for much of the past 600 million years, the temperature has been about 12°C warmer than it is now and life has flourished. (Note that the climate crazies claim that if the global temperature increases by 2°C above present, we will die.)

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-geology-and-rocks-tell-the-story-of-earths-climatic-past/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: How Geology And Rocks Tell The Story Of Earth’s Climatic Past
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 01:27:23 am »
The Pliocene and Miocene ages are proof positive that the climate hysteria is dead - and deadly - wrong.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: How Geology And Rocks Tell The Story Of Earth’s Climatic Past
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 02:21:13 am »
I have been saying this all along after having examined rock cuttings and core from wells drilled in eight different states, as deep as the preCambrian.  Every well showed signs of natural climate changes, in the depositional environments of the rocks present, and in the absence (erosional surfaces) of rocks of that age and of other ages in other areas.

For instance, for much of the history of Western North Dakota, it would have been either unsurvivable or decidedly unpleasant for any human, *noting that I consider the current climate 'pleasant' in comparison, a description other humans might take issue with.

I am glad to see that presented in a diagram, normalized for the globe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis