Author Topic: US Army Makes Cuts as Military Recruitment Challenges Continue  (Read 341 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US Army Makes Cuts as Military Recruitment Challenges Continue
© Provided by State Of The Union

The U.S. Army is reducing its force by 24,000 jobs, mainly affecting vacant positions, not current soldiers, to optimize for future wars.

The restructuring targets counterinsurgency roles and aims to increase soldiers at installations.

“The Army is not asking current soldiers to leave. As the Army builds back end strength over the next few years, most installations will likely see an increase in the number of soldiers actually stationed there,” the Army said.

About 10,000 posts will be cut from various brigades to align with large-scale combat operations.

The Army plans to recruit to reach 470,000 active-duty soldiers by 2029, despite missing 2023 recruitment goals due to challenges like a competitive job market and COVID-19 impacts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-army-makes-cuts-as-military-recruitment-challenges-continue/ar-BB1jkRVZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=faeaf5898be74648ac053af4995ebafa&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army Makes Cuts as Military Recruitment Challenges Continue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 10:27:39 am »
Instead of "the Army of One," it will be the woke Army of less. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 11:29:47 am »

The U.S. Army is reducing its force by 24,000 jobs, mainly affecting vacant positions, not current soldiers, to optimize for future wars.

That makes no sense whatsoever.  The service is cutting billets purely to hide its failures in recruitment and retention.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 01:43:22 pm »
That makes no sense whatsoever.  The service is cutting billets purely to hide its failures in recruitment and retention.

This is typical Biden administration policy making, it makes no sense. :thud:
Thomas Jefferson