Author Topic: Squatters take over Georgia man’s home while he was caring for sick wife — and now he can’t evict th  (Read 268 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Squatters take over Georgia man’s home while he was caring for sick wife — and now he can’t evict them: report
By Social Links forAlex Oliveira
Published March 3, 2024, 7:17 p.m. ET

A Georgia man claims he returned home from caring for his sick wife to find that squatters had changed the locks on his home and moved in — and now local laws are blocking him from evicting the alleged freeloaders.

“Basically, these people came in Friday, broke into my house and had a U-Haul move all their stuff in. It’s frustrating. It’s very frustrating. I can’t even sleep,” DeKalb man Paul Callins told WSB-TV.

Callins had sunk thousands of dollars into the home and renovated it with his own hands after he inherited it from his late father, but since squatters moved in, he’s found himself facing nothing but obstacles to evicting the alleged intruders.

“I guess they have done this before, because when I called the police, they said since they have a fake lease, that they can’t do anything. That it’s a civil matter,” Callins said.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/03/us-news/squatters-take-over-home-georgia-mans-home-while-he-was-s-away-caring-for-sick-wife-report/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 05:48:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Again, our worthless society protects the criminal over the taxpaying fool that pays for it all.

The squatters should be arrested, and indicted for felonious theft.

And rightfully, the home owner has every right to kick the door down and shoot them all as home invaders.  But hey, in a country where justice is a meaningless word, and the illegal invading alien has more rights than USA born citizens, what do I know?