Author Topic: NYC transit system sees massive increase in murder, violence since 2020  (Read 831 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Mar 3, 2024
NYC transit system sees massive increase in murder, violence since 2020
The three murders so far this year mean that the city is already on track to surpass last year's total in subway killings.

Katie Daviscourt
Seattle WA
Mar 3, 2024

Data shows that more people have been killed on New York City's subway transit system since the start of 2020 than in the 15 years prior.

The New York Police Department has raised alarming concerns about the upward trend after the start of 2024 kicked off with historic violent crime rates on the Big Apple's subway systems. This despite an increase in officer staffing and surveillance measures on the city's transit system, which had been implemented in an attempt to deter criminal activity.

Since the start of 2020, records show that NYPD recorded 32 murders in subway trains and stations. To compare, the department recorded a total of 31 murders between 2005 and 2019.

This year is already off to a bad start, with three recorded subway murders since February. In 2023, there were a total of five subway murders recorded. The three murders so far this year mean that the city is already on track to surpass last year's total in subway killings.

https://thepostmillennial.com/nyc-transit-system-sees-massive-increase-in-murder-violence-since-2020
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson