Author Topic: After Ukraine: US Readies “Transnational Kill Chain” for Taiwan Proxy War  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MARCH 1, 2024
After Ukraine: US Readies “Transnational Kill Chain” for Taiwan Proxy War
BY KJ 

In many traditions, when you paint or sculpt a Buddha, the eyes are the very last to be painted. It’s only after the eyes have been completed that the sculpture is fully alive and empowered.

The US has just approved a $75 million weapons package to Taiwan province involving the sale of the Link 16 communications system.

The acquisition of Link 16 is analogous to “painting the eyes on the Buddha”: a last touch, it makes Taiwan’s military systems and weapons platforms live and far-seeing.  It confers deadly powers, or more prosaically, in the words of the US military, it completes Taiwan as the final, lethal link of the multilateral coalition kill chain against China

What exactly is Link 16?  Link 16 is a key system in the US military communications arsenal.  Specifically, it is the jam-resistant tactical data network for coordinating NATO weapons systems for joint operations in war.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2024/03/01/after-ukraine-us-readies-transnational-kill-chain-for-taiwan-proxy-war/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson