Author Topic: Watch Cutting-Edge Military Tech Sink A Ship From The Sky In Seconds  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Watch Cutting-Edge Military Tech Sink A Ship From The Sky In Seconds
It's called QUICKSINK, for obvious reasons.
author
TOM HALE

The US Air Force possesses a novel technology that can rapidly sink a ship before your eyes. Their research lab has even released footage of the cutting-edge weapon, aptly named QUICKSINK, showing it obliterate a vessel in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Air Force Research Laboratory and Eglin’s Integrated Test Team first carried out the QUICKSINK test on April 28, 2022.

Using an F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jet, a single bomb was dropped on the empty shipping vessel and – bang! – just like that, the ship is sunk in under 30 seconds. In a second video, the ship is shown on the seabed effectively ripped into two halves.

https://www.iflscience.com/watch-cutting-edge-military-tech-sink-a-ship-from-the-sky-in-seconds-73162
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Watch Cutting-Edge Military Tech Sink A Ship From The Sky In Seconds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 05:10:37 pm »
IMPRESSIVE!!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson