Author Topic: Map Shows U.S. Military Projecting Power Around China  (Read 298 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Map Shows U.S. Military Projecting Power Around China
« on: March 04, 2024, 04:12:55 pm »

Map Shows U.S. Military Projecting Power Around China

The services of the U.S. armed forces have led or joined at least 20 multinational training events in the Western Pacific since January, many with the aim of maintaining readiness to face adversaries including North Korea and strategic rivals like China.

In the Indian and Pacific oceans—a combined theater of operations the Pentagon says will remain a priority for decades to come—American troops have been deployed for nearly 10 weeks in various bilateral, trilateral and multilateral exercises. This is according to public releases by the Hawaii-based U.S. Indo-Pacific Command or its regional constituents.

Last month, on the second anniversary of the Biden administration's Indo-Pacific strategy, the National Security Council said "historic progress" had been made to ensure the region remained favorable to the United States and American staying power in an age of great power competition.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/map-shows-us-military-projecting-power-around-china/ar-BB1jacnJ

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Map Shows U.S. Military Projecting Power Around China
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 10:19:29 pm »
If we weren't doing all that before, we should have been.

In the meantime, no mention of the Chinese building up and establishing military bases on islands in waters that have as many as four or five nations claiming rights, and interfering with the resupply of existing bases of those nations.

As for freedom of navigation, use it or lose it. Someone has to keep the bullies at bay.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 10:47:33 pm »
Now, what about shooting down Chi-com spy balloons and stopping Chi-com land purchases?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 11:00:38 pm »
Now, what about shooting down Chi-com spy balloons and stopping Chi-com land purchases?

I agree. Shoot down any unidentified balloon. I'm real sorry if it turns out to be a "fun" personal device.

However, blocking land purchases will be trickier. All China (or any other country) has to do is find a willing US citizen (traitor) to be a front man for their purchase. And I sadly believe there are many.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 11:08:46 pm »

I agree. Shoot down any unidentified balloon. I'm real sorry if it turns out to be a "fun" personal device.

However, blocking land purchases will be trickier. All China (or any other country) has to do is find a willing US citizen (traitor) to be a front man for their purchase. And I sadly believe there are many.

Lots of people will do just about anything for money; the more risk, the more money they want.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.