Author Topic: The GOP Is Changing, and That’s Good.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 296 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The GOP Is Changing, and That’s Good.. Kurt Schlichter
« on: March 04, 2024, 04:03:55 pm »
The GOP Is Changing, and That’s Good
Kurt Schlichter

Do you remember your stupid high school government teacher, that insipid left-leaning strange-o in the bad sport jacket who taught you that conservatives don’t want to change and liberals want change and blah blah blah? Good gosh, there’s nothing worse than the unionized hacks infesting our schools and filling empty skulls with nonsense. But enough about public education. The truth is that today’s conservatives do want change, and change is coming to our party. The new Republican Party is, as that desiccated old pervert masquerading as our president likes to say, not your father’s Republican Party. Thank goodness, because my father’s Republican Party was too often a bunch of sissy corporate lackeys who never met a war they didn’t want somebody else’s kids to fight.

Yes, we’re changing, and that’s good. But look at the other party. They’re regressing. They’re the cutting edge of the neo-Bolshevik Revolution, except I will give this to Lenin’s crew – at least they knew which bathroom to use.

The GOP’s changes are illustrated by a couple of Veep candidates who I inexplicably overlooked in last week’s column on Trump’s potential vice presidential picks. Take JD Vance, the senator from Ohio, who is giving traditionalists fits because he dares to ask tough questions about Ukraine – and as a military guy who trained Ukrainians, I agree that we need to ask tough questions. The thing about JD Vance is that he’s from Ohio, like me, so he’s cool. But he’s also a self-identified hillbilly. His book, “Hillbilly Elegy,” about his life growing up poor, talks about people who at one time would’ve been Democrats. The Buick dealership owners and the sensible, sober bankers of the old-school Republican Party never saw somebody like JD Vance unless he was fixing or parking their car or caddying for them at Bushwood Country Club. But now JD is a senator, and they are busy setting fire to their money subsidizing Nikki Haley in a desperate attempt to turn back the clock to 2004.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/03/04/the-gop-is-changing-and-thats-good-n2635994
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The GOP Is Changing, and That’s Good.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:04:01 pm »
2003 - 2004 was a profile in cowardice.

Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz timed an Iraq War Resolution for October 2003.  Dem Senators that had ambitions for running for President in 2004 and 2008 voted for it, because they didn't want to look weak on the War on Terror.

Dem President-wannabes, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton, went along with Bush '43 lies.  They abandoned their responsibility to act as check and balance against unncessary Executive wars of foreign adventure to their ambitions to become President.  They did the next wrong thing out of self-interest, that cost America in blood, treasury, and lost opportunities.

Ted Kennedy voted against the Iraq War Resolution on principle.  I didn't agree with Ted Kennedy's policies, but he was a man of principles (that I disagreed with) and of the people (Ted helped many average Joe's while John Kerry did nothing useful).

The Republican Party of 2004 lied to the American People and to the World, to start a war of choice against Saddam Hussein, and labeled opponents "RINO's".

The Republican Party of 2004 grew Government spending, not reduced it.  Again, detractors were labeled "RINO's".

The Republican Party of 2004 enacted Medicare Part D, without the ability to negotiate prices.  Again, detractors were labeled RINO's.

So, in 2004, if you were for smaller government, less spending, and against nation building, you became a RINO.

The GOP of 2004 never should have existed because it was not enacting conservative policies.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: The GOP Is Changing, and That’s Good.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 09:09:37 am »
Could not disagree more.  The Republic Party is largely a joke.  Weak, powerless, with no direction whatsoever.  What exactly are they campaigning on for this November?  What?  A big fat nothing.

Fact is, the market is setting new records every other day, jobs are rising to new heights, our war machine is cranking with two wars, we are supporting terrorism throughout the world funding Iran, everything Mr Obama would have ever dreamed of now coming to fruition.

Whether Trump wins in 2024 just does not matter for the Republican Party, for where exactly do they go in the period after Trump.  I say Biden wins in November.  Trump a two time loser returns to private life, and where exactly is the Republican Party?  Where?

And should by some freak accident, Trump wins, he becomes one of the worst lame duck presidents of all time.  Even with majorities in both houses, the spineless Republicans will not support anything Trump wants via legislation.  Grid lock at its finest for four years.

The GOP is NOT changing.  The people turning to it for answers is the only change, and their desires for change will be met with a big fat nothing.  The UGLY TRUTH is that the folks elected to Washington no longer represent the USA citizens, they represent lobbying interests and a huge horde of illegal invaders.  The GOP changing is fantasy.  McConnell may be leaving, but he is very much the poster boy of what the GOP has become and will remain.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:11:30 am by jafo2010 »