Author Topic: The Brutal Wielding of the Mis/Dis Information Club  (Read 192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Brutal Wielding of the Mis/Dis Information Club
« on: March 04, 2024, 03:48:31 pm »
March 4, 2024
The Brutal Wielding of the Mis/Dis Information Club
By M. Walter

Remember when politicians lived in fear of offending “soccer moms” or any other constituency? That ended with “bitter clingers.” We are now in an abusive relationship with our federal government.

If you search the Obama White House archives for “misinform” (which includes “misinformed” and “misinformation”), you will find 247 instances of the former president or his spokespeople using that word during his eight years in the White House (acknowledging that there may be some duplication of documents). That annualizes to slightly more than once every other week for eight straight years.

Perusing these results leads to an unambiguous conclusion: The term represented eight straight years of blaming you. The messaging was consistent: Your understanding of the matter—whatever it was—was flawed. The Obama White House never erred. Oh no. You presented some defect, some flaw in your understanding. You’d been watching Fox or listening to Rush Limbaugh, so you’d gotten it wrong. It was not them.

It was you.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/the_brutal_wielding_of_the_misdis_information_club.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Brutal Wielding of the Mis/Dis Information Club
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 12:45:12 am »
So much I said in 2020 was labelled "misinformation", but has been proven to be true since.

The actual "misinformation/disinformation" was conducted by the censors, the purveyors of narratives with which I took issue, and the Government itself,or at the serious urging thereof, for fun and profit.  That group includes government agencies, the MSM, and virtually every major social media platform.

The people howling loudest often were the worst perpetrators of the very acts with which they have been accusing others, which is really nothing new.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis