Author Topic: Middle America Is Dying Hard › American Greatness.. Salena Zito  (Read 345 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Middle America Is Dying Hard › American Greatness
Salena Zito
7–8 minutes

WEIRTON, West Virginia — Most people in this town will tell you they’d rather have taken a physical punch to the gut than get the news they received yesterday when Cleveland-Cliffs Steel announced it was idling its tinplate production plant, a move that directly cost 900 people their jobs.

It isn’t just those workers who face catastrophic uncertainty; this closure also jeopardizes the jobs of thousands more people whose businesses supported the plant: the barber shops, gas stations, mom-and-pop grocery stores, and the machine shops that make the widgets for the steel industry. And there’s also the demise of the tax base, which affects the school district and the quality of the roads.

Thirty years ago, more than 10,000 people worked here at Weirton Steel. Now, the last 900 workers left have just lost their jobs.

“It’s just another scar to add on what people in power have done to our lives and our community over the past 40 years,” said one employee who declined to give his name, adding, “Honestly, how many times does this story have to be told before someone in power cares about our lives?”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2024/03/04/middle-america-is-dying-hard/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Middle America Is Dying Hard › American Greatness.. Salena Zito
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 03:10:20 pm »
@mystery-ak

Well,the good news here is thousands of new jobs are being created in China,and 'murikan investors are getting richer and richer from selling out out the birthright (jobs for  working-class people) of blue collar Ameircans!

So what if taxes have to be raised in order to feed,clothe,and house all those newly unemployed workers? It's not like the uber-wealthy people who  sold out their lives and dreams pay taxes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 03:11:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 04:08:48 pm »
The people in power will never care about your lives as long as you keep re-electing them.

Rural America and Urban America have been left out, left behind, and left for dead.  The ballot box is the only equalizer they have.

The polticians that respresent that area need to be challenged in the primaries and general elections.  Without consequences from the ballot box, politicians will continue to ignore the unwashed masses in favor of their gilded donors and their PAC's / SuperPAC's.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 12:33:24 am »
"Free trade"...

Ain't it great...?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 12:40:43 am »
"Free trade"...

Ain't it great...?

It's sure better than protectionism.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 12:40:51 am »
Trading jobs for enmity?

I would not rush to conclusions on that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 12:42:27 am »
Story about the Weirton Steel closure here: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,525175.0.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org