Author Topic: Tennessee deploys National Guard to Texas as political fight over border increases  (Read 228 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tennessee deploys National Guard to Texas as political fight over border increases
Story by Melissa Brown, USA TODAY NETWORK • 3h

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee will deploy two waves of National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border through the spring as Republican governors across the country back Texas in its ongoing feud with federal authorities over immigration enforcement.

Gov. Bill Lee met with deploying National Guard members in Millington, Tennessee, on Saturday, weeks after the governor traveled to the border and pledged to support Texas Gov. Greg Abbott with an escalating and increasingly politicized border crisis. Abbott has been backed by almost all U.S. Republican governors, who signed a statement in January saying Texas has the constitutional right to defend itself.

"Gov. Abbott has made the decision to utilize Texas' resources to secure that border and to keep that traffic from coming into his state," Lee said on Saturday. "But it's an overwhelming task, and he asked governors to join him because each one of us recognizes that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tennessee-deploys-national-guard-to-texas-as-political-fight-over-border-increases/ar-BB1jhvIp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=29af399a32b14afca6ca6764c981b51e&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson