Author Topic: JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning  (Read 4221 times)

Offline mrclose

JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning – Signals Ruling on Trump Ballot Eligibility is Looming

Just Broke!

The Supreme Court set an unusual opinion release for Monday morning and signaled that a ruling on Trump’s ballot eligibility is imminent.

Per Politico legal reporter Josh Gerstein: SCOTUS sets unusual, short-notice opinion release for Monday morning. Appears to signal that ruling on Trump ballot eligibility is looming.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/just-supreme-court-sets-unusual-opinion-release-monday/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online libertybele

This ruling is going to have a huge impact on our country and obviously our elections; and perhaps SCOTUS will rule so as to not upset the liberal apple cart.  Just my thoughts.

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This yuge.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

This yuge.

Absolutely -- if they rule that states can keep Trump off the ballot -- blue states will kick it into high gear.  There's no way he can win if he's not allowed onto the ballots -- enter Nikki Haley.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I almost wish they would rule in favor of Colorado.  Multiple states keeping Trump from the ballot would trigger conservative states doing the same to Biden.  It would result in a peaceful confrontation that would bring what the communists of the Democrat Party are forcing to a head.

Otherwise, we may well be headed for a real insurgency/revolution!

And last but not least, the time is long overdue to hold politicians accountable for what they say and write.  They should face slander and libel laws and penalties that would apply accordingly.  If they did, POSs like Adam Schiff would NEVER get away with their endless lies.

Trump is being forced to spend hundreds of millions in defense fees in New York.  Should he win ultimately, the state should be forced to reimburse him for the expense.  New York could not be more corrupt if they tried, IMHO.

Online libertybele

I almost wish they would rule in favor of Colorado.  Multiple states keeping Trump from the ballot would trigger conservative states doing the same to Biden.  It would result in a peaceful confrontation that would bring what the communists of the Democrat Party are forcing to a head.

Otherwise, we may well be headed for a real insurgency/revolution!

And last but not least, the time is long overdue to hold politicians accountable for what they say and write.  They should face slander and libel laws and penalties that would apply accordingly.  If they did, POSs like Adam Schiff would NEVER get away with their endless lies.

Trump is being forced to spend hundreds of millions in defense fees in New York.  Should he win ultimately, the state should be forced to reimburse him for the expense.  New York could not be more corrupt if they tried, IMHO.

The leftists don't know what a peaceful confrontation is.  They push and proceed to do what they want by mob rule.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wendy Patterson
@wendyp4545
·
11m
9-0 or 8-1 Tomorrow 10am.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

States (THROUGH THEIR LEGISLATURES) can come up with whatever rules they want for placing someone on the ballot (within the confines of the Constitution).  The problem here is that Colorado has already come up with its own rules.  And the judge in this case is overruling the legislature's rules.

SCOTUS should give leeway for what Colorado state law decides.  But they shouldn't give any leeway to an activist judge overruling Colorado state law.  Especially for a primary election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Wendy Patterson
@wendyp4545
·
11m
9-0 or 8-1 Tomorrow 10am.

No way will it be 9-0.  There is no way Sotomayor goes along with a rebuke of the Colorado judge.  It will be either 7-2 or 8-1.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
States (THROUGH THEIR LEGISLATURES) can come up with whatever rules they want for placing someone on the ballot (within the confines of the Constitution).  The problem here is that Colorado has already come up with its own rules.  And the judge in this case is overruling the legislature's rules.

SCOTUS should give leeway for what Colorado state law decides.  But they shouldn't give any leeway to an activist judge overruling Colorado state law.  Especially for a primary election.

Why not? They allowed every ding bat official around to violate state election laws in 2020 and refused to even hear a case that Texas, joined by 26 other states brought to set it right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Re: JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 10:07:54 pm »
Why not? They allowed every ding bat official around to violate state election laws in 2020 and refused to even hear a case that Texas, joined by 26 other states brought to set it right.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they ruled in favor for CO.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 10:08:30 pm »
LeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
1h
To the idiotic Colorado Supreme Court, the stupid Maine Sec. of State and the crazy judge in Illinois: Tomorrow you will be embarrassed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 10:10:01 pm »

The difference here is that this is before the fact.  The time to file suit against Georgia for example should have been before election day, not after.  It was crystal clear they were violating numerous State election laws, but no one on the Republican side lifted a finger of protest.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2024, 10:15:43 pm »
The difference here is that this is before the fact.  The time to file suit against Georgia for example should have been before election day, not after.  It was crystal clear they were violating numerous State election laws, but no one on the Republican side lifted a finger of protest.

That's not true @Hoodat but the fingers that were lifted were universally ignored.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 10:26:15 pm »
Did anyone file suit when Georgia made changes to the voting machine software without recertifying it?  Did anyone file suit when Georgia counties started setting up multiple ballot collection boxes in violation of State Law?  Did anyone file suit when ballots started showing up in mailboxes across the state without solicitation, jeopardizing voter ballot security?  The answer to all of these is a resounding 'no'.

While I am completely in agreement with the Texas suit, the bottom line is that Republicans Conservatives need to start getting dirty.  Better to step into the arena than to complain about why the one who did lost.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2024, 10:33:43 pm »
I almost wish they would rule in favor of Colorado. 

Technically the state DOES have the authority to direct the voting apparatus and everything about it. But it would have to come as a law, passed by the legislature to specifically limit the contest.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2024, 10:39:39 pm »
If the SC rules in favor of Trumpy the Leftists states will still try to get Trump off their ballets.   Not sure what they will try, but rest assured, they will try and try again till they succeed.  It is how they roll when they try to save their "democracy" to stop ours.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2024, 10:43:11 pm »
WE let the left trample all over our constitution for more than a hundred years and now that we are seeing the result we are angry.  You reap what you sow.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2024, 10:43:52 pm »
'For, behold, I will send serpents, adders, among you, which will not be charmed; and they shall bite you',.....Roberts is a Snake.  Everything could end tomorrow.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2024, 10:55:13 pm »
Technically the state DOES have the authority to direct the voting apparatus and everything about it. But it would have to come as a law, passed by the legislature to specifically limit the contest.

Colorado law leaves it up to each Party to set their primary ballots.

This cannot be emphasized enough.  We aren't talking about an election that awards any political office.  We're talking about a party primary election.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2024, 11:14:41 pm »
Colorado law leaves it up to each Party to set their primary ballots.

This cannot be emphasized enough.  We aren't talking about an election that awards any political office.  We're talking about a party primary election.

I'm thinking that SCOTUS will rule that this is a state issue and the Supreme Court of CO has already ruled.

Yes I realize that this is about the primary election, but wouldn't there need to be a justifiable reason to keep him off the ballot?? Trump has been found guilty of no crime that would justify keeping him off the ballot.  In essence, Haley would win the CO primary by default or being the GOP candidate who has no opposition.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2024, 11:29:29 pm »
I'm thinking that SCOTUS will rule that this is a state issue and the Supreme Court of CO has already ruled.

That depends entirely upon whether the CO court ruled fairly.

The question at hand is whether he can be limited at the ballot when he has committed no crime.
CO says yes. But they have no law to present.

For instance, if the legislature put forth a law limiting ballot access to those actively accused of a crime, THEN they'd have a leg to stand on.

But no such law exists according to my knowledge.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2024, 11:50:12 pm »

The Colorado Court ruling violates not only State Law, but the Constitution itself.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2024, 01:14:15 am »
That depends entirely upon whether the CO court ruled fairly.

The question at hand is whether he can be limited at the ballot when he has committed no crime.
CO says yes. But they have no law to present.

For instance, if the legislature put forth a law limiting ballot access to those actively accused of a crime, THEN they'd have a leg to stand on.

But no such law exists according to my knowledge.
If the CO court ruled allowing a presumption of guilt to influence ballot eligibility, the ruling should be thrown out, with prejudice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2024, 03:20:30 am »
If the CO court ruled allowing a presumption of guilt to influence ballot eligibility, the ruling should be thrown out, with prejudice.

Of course.