Author Topic: Rubio says GOP should withhold Ukraine aid ‘in the same way’ Democrats do for Israel  (Read 184 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio says GOP should withhold Ukraine aid ‘in the same way’ Democrats do for Israel
By
Asher Notheis
March 3, 2024 1:12 pm

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) argued Sunday that Republican lawmakers should withhold financial aid for Ukraine in its war against Russia “in the same way” that Democrats are withholding aid for Israel in its war against the terrorist group Hamas.

Rubio’s statement stems from his desire to secure the southern border of the United States, arguing that the U.S. should be prioritizing its own needs before it helps other countries. The issue of providing aid for Ukraine, along with securing the border, has been a constant tug-of-war topic in Congress, with many Republicans refusing to support legislation that would give money to Ukraine until legislation to secure the border is passed.

“So yes, I believe that we should help Ukraine, but only after we help America through our border in the same way as Democrats are saying, ‘we won’t help Israel unless you help Ukraine,'” Rubio said on Fox News Sunday. “Because they’re holding Israel as leverage and hostage over Ukraine.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2900377/rubio-says-gop-should-withhold-ukraine-aid-in-the-same-way-democrats-do-for-israel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The DEMS have no interest in doing what is best for America and Rubio is only making that point more clear.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Leave unto the House what is the House's business - appropriations.

Ukraine aid has nothing to do with Israel nor Taiwan, it has everything to do with America and Americans.  Secure America's Borders yesterday

America's Border Security needs to be #1, not #2, #3, #4 nor TBD.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.