Author Topic: Jen Psaki claims Supreme Court isn’t protecting country ‘from the Day One dictator’  (Read 265 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jen Psaki claims Supreme Court isn’t protecting country ‘from the Day One dictator’
By
Jenny Goldsberry
March 3, 2024 9:26 am

MSNBC host Jen Psaki accused the Supreme Court of giving former President Donald Trump “a major gift” in agreeing to consider his emergency petition.

Psaki centered her opinion editorial this week on the Justices agreeing to hear Trump’s claims of presidential immunity in Jack Smith’s election subversion case. Trump’s trial was initially slated to begin on March 4, but U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan removed it from the calendar. When the Supreme Court agreed to hear oral arguments in April, it possibly delayed the trial until later into the 2024 campaign or even after the election in November.

“By deciding to hear his outlandish claim of presidential immunity, the justices handed Trump the thing he covets most on a silver — or in his case, probably gold — platter: time,” Psaki wrote. “This decision leaves wide open the possibility that the American people might not know if they are casting their ballots for a convicted criminal on Election Day. In this scenario, justice delayed could quite literally be justice denied.”

This is the second of Trump’s legal cases to make it to the Supreme Court, following his ballot eligibility case out of Colorado. Justices promptly agreed to hear the case within two days and scheduled proceedings for a month later. Smith has attempted to speed up his own case by filing responses well before the deadline; however, Trump’s legal team has taken up the strategy of filing responses just before each deadline.

“And so here we are, facing what may be a harsh but important reality: We cannot bet on the justice system protecting us from the ‘Day One dictator,’” Psaki wrote.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/2900253/jen-psaki-claims-supreme-court-isnt-protecting-country-from-the-day-one-dictator/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Protecting our country ‘from the Day One dictator’ is the responsibility of the American voters; not, another compromised, corrupt, failing DC institution.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

It certainly didn't protect us from the dictator she worked for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't think Trump's claim of 100%, absolute immunity is valid.  But I also believe that there is some degree of immunity that is valid, and that is something that desperately needs to be fleshed out.  SCOTUS is doing its job here.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They say Henna is toxic to your brain after prolonged use.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It certainly didn't protect us from the dictator she worked for.
Maybe she can circle back on that :whistle: