Author Topic: Attack Sub Boise Overhaul At Risk Under One-Year Continuing Resolution  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Attack Sub Boise Overhaul At Risk Under One-Year Continuing Resolution
MALLORY SHELBOURNE
FEBRUARY 28, 2024 4:44 PM - UPDATED: FEBRUARY 29, 2024 4:31 PM

The long-awaited overhaul of the idle attack submarine USS Boise (SSN-764) is in jeopardy if Congress does not pass a budget, the Navy’s number-two civilian told reporters Wednesday.

Should the Department of Defense need to operate under a one-year stop-gap spending bill for Fiscal Year 2024, then the Navy is looking at $26 billion in a funding shortfall and misaligned funds, Under Secretary Erik Raven said.

The overhaul of Boise, a Los Angeles-class attack submarine that lost its dive certification in 2017 due to ongoing delays at the public shipyards, would once again get postponed.

https://news.usni.org/2024/02/28/attack-sub-boise-overhaul-at-risk-under-one-year-continuing-resolution
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The overhaul of Boise, a Los Angeles-class attack submarine that lost its dive certification in 2017 

6 years of worthless submarine!  The Navy and congress should be proud of themselves. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson