Author Topic: Accused Pentagon leaker Jack Teixeira plans to plead guilty  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Accused Pentagon leaker Jack Teixeira plans to plead guilty
« on: March 03, 2024, 02:45:38 pm »
Accused Pentagon leaker Jack Teixeira plans to plead guilty
BY BRAD DRESS - 02/29/24 6:18 PM ET

Teixeira’s attorneys filed a document in court Thursday in the District Court of Massachusetts indicating a change in plea hearing but did not offer any additional comments. The hearing is necessary to ensure a defendant has not changed their plea because of force. Teixeira previously pleaded not guilty.

Teixeira was indicted last year on six charges of willful retention and transmission of national security information and has been held in jail while he awaits a trial.

The 21-year-old had held a low-ranking job as a technology support staffer but maintained access to classified material from his post at Otis Air National Guard Base in Cape Cod, Mass., where he served with the Massachusetts Air National Guard

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4498702-accused-pentagon-leaker-jack-teixeira-plans-to-plead-guilty/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Accused Pentagon leaker Jack Teixeira plans to plead guilty
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 02:46:56 pm »
In today's woke legal system, he'll probably be told he was a bad boy, get promoted to Sgt., then retired with full benefits. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson