Author Topic: Navy Adds New Expeditionary Sea Bases for Island Hopping Sea-Land Attacks  (Read 111 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Adds New Expeditionary Sea Bases for Island Hopping Sea-Land Attacks
The US Navy Adds New Expeditionary Sea Bases establish “sea-basing” for forward operating forces
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONFEB 27, 2024
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The US Navy is continuing to fast-track efforts to further establish “sea-basing” for forward operating forces, something which makes great sense given the service’s increasing Pacific presence and ongoing deterrence mission in the region.

This “sea-basing” priority has been rapidly gaining momentum for the Corps in the last decade or two, and it likely explains the service’s addition of new Ship-to-Shore connector landing craft, a Light Amphibious Warship, Expeditionary Fast Transport vessels and Expeditionary Sea Bases. The Navy, for example, has just commissioned another new Expeditionary Sea Base vessel called the USS John Canley, or ESB 6, a Navy essay states.

For more than a decade, the Corps has been both returning to its Maritime roots following years of ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan while also modernizing intensely to adapt to a new threat environment. Corps leadership certainly seems to recognize the changing great-power rivalry landscape and implemented a series of adaptations in recent years, to include the formation of “littoral” units for the Pacific, increased multi-domain synergies, acquisition and deployment of lighter, faster and more expeditionary lethal weapons systems and an explosive increase in air,ground and undersea unmanned systems.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/navy-adds-new-expeditionary-sea-bases-for-island-hopping-sea-land-attacks
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson