Author Topic: Austin 'at the brink of disaster' as police shortages hit crisis level: 'God help us all'  (Read 2546 times)

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

After they lower their police recruit standards, Austin will be blessed with corrupt and inept policing scandals.

As Dirty Harry said, "That's a helluva price to pay for being stylish."

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As Dirty Harry said, "That's a helluva price to pay for being stylish."

There is one question, Inspector Callahan: Why do they call you "Dirty Harry"?
De Georgio: Ah that's one thing about our Harry, doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody: Limeys, Micks, Hebes, Fat Dagos, Ni-ers Honkies, Chinks, you name it.
Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?
De Georgio: Ask him.
Harry Callahan: Especially Spics.

He was right.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 01:01:16 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I only go there when I have friends come in from out of town. Love Threadgill's North Restaurant, where Janice Joplin and Willie Nelson hung out back in the day.

Threadgill's on North Lamar closed in 2020, supposedly because of the epidemic. Last time I drove by it several months ago, it was boarded up and covered in graffiti. 
Let it burn.