Author Topic: Austin 'at the brink of disaster' as police shortages hit crisis level: 'God help us all'  (Read 2135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Austin 'at the brink of disaster' as police shortages hit crisis level: 'God help us all'
A portion of the Texas city was left without a single police officer for a couple of hours in February
By Elizabeth Heckman Fox News
Published March 3, 2024 5:00am EST

Austin, Texas residents are expressing outrage over police staffing shortages and longer 911-call response times in the aftermath of the city council's vote to defund the department in 2020.

In February, a section of the city was notably left without a single police officer for a few hours on a Saturday due to the ongoing shortages.

Austin Police Association President Michael Bullock, who called attention to the vacancy on X, told Fox News Digital that a steady decline in public safety has put the city on the "brink of disaster."

"Previous councils and leadership have actively worked against our officers and department, which has now put us in a free-falling staffing crisis," Bullock warned. "Twice now we’ve had our contract voted down or it has been allowed to expire. Each year since 2017, we’ve lost more officers than we’ve hired. We had to gut our specialized units and force detectives to work backfill on patrol just to try and respond to 911 calls."

https://twitter.com/MBullockATX/status/1759050293092749355

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/austin-brink-disaster-police-shortages-hit-crisis-level-god-help
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Such a crying shame; TX was once so conservative ... now a city on the brink of disaster. This is absolutely horrible!! 8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Such a crying shame; TX was once so conservative ... now a city on the brink of disaster. This is absolutely horrible!! 8888crybaby

Texas still is conservative but Austin never has been. Maybe the idiots on city council there should have thought through their actions in years past better.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Texas still is conservative but Austin never has been. Maybe the idiots on city council there should have thought through their actions in years past better.

Travis County has been a liberal shithole for a long time.  The whole "Keep Austin Weird" was cute for a time.  But now it is just a joke.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Travis County has been a liberal shithole for a long time.  The whole "Keep Austin Weird" was cute for a time.  But now it is just a joke.

:yowsa:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Austin ‘at the brink of disaster’ as police staffing shortages set city back over 15 years: ‘Policies epically failed’
By Elizabeth Heckman, Fox News

Published March 3, 2024, 12:47 p.m. ET

Austin, Texas residents are expressing outrage over police staffing shortages and longer 911-call response times in the aftermath of the city council’s vote to defund the department in 2020.

In February, a section of the city was notably left without a single police officer for a few hours on a Saturday due to the ongoing shortages.

Austin Police Association President Michael Bullock, who called attention to the vacancy on X, told Fox News Digital that a steady decline in public safety has put the city on the “brink of disaster.”

“Previous councils and leadership have actively worked against our officers and department, which has now put us in a free-falling staffing crisis,” Bullock warned. “Twice now we’ve had our contract voted down or it has been allowed to expire. Each year since 2017, we’ve lost more officers than we’ve hired. We had to gut our specialized units and force detectives to work backfill on patrol just to try and respond to 911 calls.”

https://nypost.com/2024/03/03/us-news/austin-at-the-brink-of-disaster-as-police-staffing-shortages-set-back-over-15-years/amp/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All they need to do is deputize all the illegal, uneducated, unqualified aliens they need. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Who remembers when Austin was a great Texas town before leftists descended on it? Just so sad.  **nononono*

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You voted for it, you eat it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Who remembers when Austin was a great Texas town before leftists descended on it? Just so sad.  **nononono*

I truly feel for those residing in Austin who are right winged and/or conservative.  It sounds like Austin is an absolute disaster.  Yes, very sad.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Time to "defund criminals?" and for "blue lives matter?"
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Mod5

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I live about an hour from Austin. Unfortunately, it has been deteriorating for several years now, like every other Democrat-run metro area in the country. Sixth Street, which used to be a great music destination, is now skid row.

Offline roamer_1

Create a problem then offer a solution...

Whipsaw effect.

Enter the jackboots
to local acclaim...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The uber-rich Liberal Elites push this 'defund' nonsense in all Blue Cities with full-knowledge of what will happen. Crime and chaos becomes out-of-control, property values plunge, businesses close, and the uber-wealthy swoop in and buy up everything in sight.

Once it is all under their control, the uber-rich Liberal Elites will say that defund was a mistake. They will tell all of their bought and paid for politicians to restore order and to bring everything back to normal.

This is a tactic by the wealthy elite since biblical times. It has been done and played out a hundred times in history. These current times are nothing more than a repeat of this tired old scheme. They keep doing it because it works.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline berdie

I live about an hour from Austin. Unfortunately, it has been deteriorating for several years now, like every other Democrat-run metro area in the country. Sixth Street, which used to be a great music destination, is now skid row.

I haven't been to Austin in a long, long time. It was always pretty far left. But a beautiful city. I always went for the music or to tube on the rivers. I hate that Sixth Street has degraded. There was some great music there.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I stopped staying at hotels in the Austin city limits in  08's when on business.  Car break-ins in the hotel parking lots.  Hookers cruising the the lots asking if I "wanted company".  Had to bolt to Roundrock to get some safety or just leave Fort Worth at 4am to see my clients and not have to spend time .  Even then the panhandlers at the exits were problematic.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 11:23:05 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan spits fire with:
"You voted for it, you eat it."

Yup. This is what the [leftist] voters of Austin WANT... right...?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

I haven't been to Austin in a long, long time. It was always pretty far left. But a beautiful city. I always went for the music or to tube on the rivers. I hate that Sixth Street has degraded. There was some great music there.

I only go there when I have friends come in from out of town. Love Threadgill's North Restaurant, where Janice Joplin and Willie Nelson hung out back in the day.

Offline Hoodat

'At the Brink of Disaster' was on the ballot last election.  And the vast majority of Austin voters chose it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

UPDATE

Don't worry! All is well in Austin! We don't need cops, anyway, when we have children wanting to have their bodies mutilated in the name of transitioning.

On the May 2nd agenda for Austin Council meeting - a resolution by five members to essentially make Austin a sanctuary city for irreversible chemical and surgical damage to children.

https://twitter.com/ThinkerMichelle/status/1782444712386842864
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
UPDATE

Don't worry! All is well in Austin! We don't need cops, anyway, when we have children wanting to have their bodies mutilated in the name of transitioning.

On the May 2nd agenda for Austin Council meeting - a resolution by five members to essentially make Austin a sanctuary city for irreversible chemical and surgical damage to children.

https://twitter.com/ThinkerMichelle/status/1782444712386842864

So apparently we're going to play King's X all over the nation for laws we don't like. Nothing like chaos to establish a cohesive nation.  *****rollingeyes*****

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline dfwgator

You get what you vote for...good and hard.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

After they lower their police recruit standards, Austin will be blessed with corrupt and inept policing scandals.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

You get what you vote for...good and hard.

With election fraud that has happened, I'm not so sure that that is true, but what is occurring is perhaps rather by design.