Author Topic: Sanctuary city mayor closes migrant shelters, says money will go to residents  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sanctuary city mayor closes migrant shelters, says money will go to residents
© Provided by State Of The Union

Denver Mayor Mike Johnston announced the city’s decision to scale back migrant services by consolidating shelters to save millions of dollars.

The plan involves closing one shelter per week over the next month to reduce the budget deficit by nearly $60 million.

Johnston emphasized that no one will be kicked out, but rather moved to other shelters.

The city is making budget cuts in various departments, including reducing hours at recreation centers and Motor Vehicle offices to offset costs related to the migrant crisis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sanctuary-city-mayor-closes-migrant-shelters-says-money-will-go-to-residents/ar-BB1jetKM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=8ef0d930ee3045569c09634383499b58&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why do liberals have to be FORCED to do the right thing? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson